Basic tasks are used to schedule tasks that will not be invoiced for.
Basic Tasks can be used for:
- Assigning a task or job to a user that will not be invoiced.
- Scheduling a time to do a quote.
You can make a basic task from many places in Jobber, including the calendar, from a client’s profile, or from the dashboard. In each area, click the Actions button in the top right, then click Basic Task.
To link a basic task to a client’s profile, go to their profile and click Actions > Basic Task and make the basic task here. The client's contact information will be included on the basic task.
Creating a new Basic Task
- Title - This will be seen on the calendar, and in the Jobber App.
- Details - these are details or notes about the task
- Scheduling - you can choose the date and time of the task. If you do not want a time, check off ‘All Day’.
- Repeats - If this task is on a repeat schedule you can set this here.
- Assigned To - You can add a user(s) who is assigned this task.
- Team Reminder - You can set a reminder email to be sent to users a certain amount of time before the task starts
- Notify Crew by E-mail? - When the task is saved, the assigned users will receive an email letting them know they have a new task.
Click 'Save' to create the Basic task, after you have entered the information.
Basic Tasks show on the calendar with a blue stripe on the left of them. You can filter them in or out using filters at the top of the calendar.
When a user has finished a basic task, they can mark it complete in either the website version, or the Jobber App.
The Jobber Glossary
Confused by language we use in Jobber? Definitions right this way.Get Reading!
Sign up for a Webinar
Tutorials for both those new to Jobber and long-time power users.Sign Me Up!
We walk you through our biggest features and point out the essentials.Let’s Watch!