Basic tasks are used to schedule tasks that will not be invoiced for.
Basic Tasks can be used for:
- Assigning a task or job to a user that will not be invoiced.
- Scheduling a time to do a quote. For users on the Core plan, this can be used as a work around in place of assessments.
You can make a basic task from many places in Jobber, including the calendar, from a client’s profile, or from the dashboard. In each area, click the Actions button in the top right, then click Basic Task.
Creating a new Basic Task
- Client - This is optional. When a client is linked to the task, their contact information will be included.
- Title - This will be seen on the calendar, and in the Jobber App.
- Details - These are details or notes about the task
- Scheduling - You can choose the date and time of the task. If you do not want a time, check off ‘All Day’.
- Repeats - If this task is on a repeat schedule you can set this here.
- Assigned To - You can add a user(s) who is assigned this task.
- Team Reminder - You can set a reminder email to be sent to users a certain amount of time before the task starts
- Notify Crew by E-mail? - When the task is saved, the assigned users will receive an email letting them know they have a new task.
Click 'Save' to create the Basic task, after you have entered the information.
Basic Tasks show on the calendar with a blue stripe on the left of them. You can filter them in or out using filters at the top of the calendar.
When a user has finished a basic task, they can mark it complete in either Jobber Online, or the Jobber App.
Push Notifications in the App
When you assign a user to a basic task on the same day the basic task is occurring, the assigned users will receive a push notification to their device. This notifications will occur when a new user is assigned to a basic task, when a basic task scheduled for today is moved, or when the user is unassigned.
If you are the user who is assigning the basic task, you will not receive a push notification to your device when you assign yourself to the basic task.
This notification will appear when a user is assigned to a new basic task. It will indicate that it is today and the time of the basic task.
This notification occurs when a basic task has been removed from your schedule today.
The Jobber Glossary
Confused by language we use in Jobber? Definitions right this way.Get Reading!
Sign up for a Webinar
Tutorials for both those new to Jobber and long-time power users.Sign Me Up!
We walk you through our biggest features and point out the essentials.Let’s Watch!