What are permissions, and how do they work?
Permissions settings limit what employees can access in Jobber.
To change an employee's permission settings, go to the Settings Gear > Settings > Manage Team and click on the employee's name. Only admin users can change employee permission settings.
Preset permissions levels
We've made some presets to help with permissions for your employees:
You'll see 2 checkboxes below the presets that will allow or restrict pricing details and the clients/properties list:
To see more Permissions Settings, click on Show Advanced Permissions on the right side. This will show all of the permissions sections that you can edit for this employee.
Permissions in each section can be set to the following levels:
- On/off: To allow or restrict access to this information, mark or unmark the checkbox
- View: This allows the employee to have a read-only view of information
- View and Edit: This allows the employee to see, add and edit this information
- View, Edit, and Delete: This allows the employee to view, edit, add, and delete information
These choices differ for Schedule information, where employees can:
- View and Complete Their Schedule: This allows the employee to see and complete their own schedule
- Edit Their Schedule: This allows the employee to add and change the times that they are scheduled
- Edit Everyone's Schedule: This allows the employee to view, edit, and add to all schedules on Jobber
- Edit and Delete from Everyone's Schedule: This allows the employee to edit, add, and delete all schedules on Jobber
The Clients + Properties section has the following choices:
- View Client Name and Address Only: This allows the employee to view only the Client names and addresses for their assigned Jobs
- View Full Client and Property Info: This allows the employee to view all Client information for their assigned Jobs
- View and Edit Full Client and Property Info: This allows the employee to view, add, and edit all Client information for their assigned Jobs
- View, Edit and Delete Full Client and Property: This allows the employee to view, edit, and delete all Client information for their assigned Jobs
Allow your employees access to your entire list of Clients + Properties, Quotes, Invoices, and Jobs by marking the checkboxes on the right.
To give an employee full access to Jobber, mark the Make Administrator checkbox on the right side.
Note: Making an employee an admin allows them access to everything within the account—including billing, reports, client list, editing all employee permissions, etc. This is best reserved for owners of the company.
The Jobber Glossary
Confused by language we use in Jobber? Definitions right this way.Get Reading!
Sign up for a Webinar
Tutorials for both those new to Jobber and long-time power users.Sign Me Up!
We walk you through our biggest features and point out the essentials.Let’s Watch!