You can send invoices to clients either via email or text message.
Emailing an invoice
To email an invoice to a client, open the invoice and click More Actions > Email to Client. Emailed invoices will include a link to view the invoice online using client hub.
When you email an invoice to your client, a pop up box will come up where you can preview the message and make edits to this particular email.
To change the recipients of this email, click on Add Recipient at the top. You can then change the email, or add other emails to send it to.
Other actions you can take before clicking Send Email
- Manually edit the email body to provide more or less information to your client
- Check the box to Send me a copy to BCC yourself on the outgoing email
- Add Attachments from the right of the pop-up. Attachments can be uploaded from your computer or you can choose attachments that have been added to the internal notes and attachments for this client. Attachments must total under 10MB.
- Note: When emailing an invoice to a client, if you would like to include the invoice PDF as an email attachment, in the attachments section of the email preview screen, make sure to check the box to include the PDF as an attachment. By default invoice PDFs are not attached to the email and your client will be prompted to view the invoice in client hub where they can view and pay the invoice. If you have not included the invoice PDF as an attachment and your client would like a PDF copy, they have the option to download one from client hub.
- Customize your default templates - update what the default invoice email looks like as well as other email and text templates.
Texting an invoice
Text message delivery is available in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
To text an invoice to a client, you can click either More Actions > Send as Text Message or the button for "Send Text Message"
Once you select that you would like to send this invoice via text, a pop-up will appear with a preview of the message and a link to view the invoice in the client hub. This link will expire after 24 hours, but the client can still view it by entering the last 4 digits of their phone number to sign into their client hub.
The client's primary phone number will be the default phone number as long as it is SMS enabled. You can also chose to enter a different phone number or multiple phone numbers.
The invoice text message is customizable on an individual level, as well as set up as a template in your emails and text messages settings, found by going to the Gear Icon > Settings> Emails and Text Messages Settings.
Note: There is a 160 character limit for text messages as this is the maximum number of characters that will fit in one text. If you go over this limit, that's ok! Your message will still be delivered, it just might be in multiple text messages. That being said, most smart phones will recognize when there are multiple text messages and group them together as one message —but this varies based on different devices and cell phone providers.
Other invoice actions
To print an invoice, click More Actions > Download PDF to access a printable version.
To manually record an invoice being sent to your client, click Actions > Mark as Sent.
Once an Invoice has been emailed or marked sent, it will change status to 'Awaiting Payment'.
If you have not done so yet, invoice PDFs can be customized to better suit your branding. Learn more about configuring your invoices in our PDF style options.