Invoices, Payments, and Deposits
Invoice Status and Actions
There are 5 possible statuses that an Invoice can have. The Actions that can be performed on an Invoice depend on its status.
- Draft: This Invoice has been created, but hasn't been sent to a Client
- Awaiting Payment: This Invoice has been sent to a Client, and has not been paid yet
- Past Due: This Invoice is past its due date, and hasn't been paid for, or marked Paid
- Paid: A Paid Invoice has had a payment collected, or has been marked Paid
- Bad Debt: A Bad Debt Invoice is deemed to be partly or fully uncollectible, and either part of the invoice total or the full invoice has been marked as bad debt to remove it from the Late queue, while still keeping a record of it in Jobber
Actions on Invoices
An Invoice has been created there are a number of actions that can be performed on it from the 'Actions' menu in the top right corner of the Invoice:
- Edit: This will take you to the Invoice edit page to make changes
- Mark as Paid: This will mark this Invoice as Paid, and bring up a payment pop up to record payment details.
- Mark as Bad Debt: This will mark this Invoice as Bad Debt, deeming it uncollectible and removing it from Awaiting Payment and Past Due lists. If an invoice has been partially paid, marking it as Bad Debt will only affect the remaining balance owed.
- E-mail to Client, or Resend E-mail to Client: This will allow you to email this invoice to your Client. Learn more about Sending Invoices to your clients.
- Download PDF: This will open a PDF of this Invoice that you can download or print. Learn more about PDF Configuration settings
- Push to QuickBooks: This will flag this Invoice to sync with QuickBooks when you next sync
- Collect Signature: This will allow you to collect your Client's signature for this Invoice. This Invoice with the signature attached to it will be saved as an Internal Note on the Job page.
The Jobber Glossary
Confused by language we use in Jobber? Definitions right this way.Get Reading!
Sign up for a Webinar
Tutorials for both those new to Jobber and long-time power users.Sign Me Up!
We walk you through our biggest features and point out the essentials.Let’s Watch!