Custom Fields Through the Settings Menu
You can make fields specific for you business to track information, using custom fields. These can exist on different levels:
- invoices, and
Making a custom field
To make a custom field, go to your Settings gear > Settings > Custom Fields. Click the + Add Field button.
Select options for the custom field:
- Applies to: Choose whether this field is for properties, clients, quotes, jobs, invoices, or team.
- Transferable Field: You can make custom fields transfer from down from items to avoid duplicate entry. Learn more about Transferable Custom Fields.
- Name: Enter what you want the name of the custom field to be.
- Value Type: Decide how you want to store information.
- True/False creates a check box field,
- Numeric creates a field that only accepts numbers,
- Text creates a box where you can enter text,
- Area creates a field where you can enter length and width, or
- Select, allows you to create a drop down with certain options.
- Default Value: Set the default value in the custom field or leave it blank.
Using custom fields
Custom fields will appear in the top right of the area they are on. For example if you have a custom field on clients, it will appear in the top right of a client profile.
To enter or edit information in a custom field, click Actions > Edit on the item.
If a custom field is left blank, it will NOT appear on the page, but will still appear on the edit screen.
Below is a GIF showing editing custom fields on a client. The fields below Additional Client Details are custom fields. All the different field types are shown here, including true/false, numeric, area, selection type, and text.
Edit or delete a custom field
To edit or delete a custom field, go into your settings gear > custom fields and click on the field you want to edit.
If you delete a custom field, the current data that exists in this field currently will be deleted as well.
If you have multiple custom fields, you can drag them into the order you want them to appear by using the Drag icon to the left of them.
Showing custom fields on PDFs
You can change the Invoice templates by going into your Settings gear > Settings > Branding > Open PDF Configuration. This will bring up a pop up that will allow you to change settings and text within your PDFs generated in each area. To be visible to your clients, you will want to have the boxes beside these custom fields checked.
Custom Field Reporting
Custom fields can be used in reports. To get to reports go to Management > Reports. Custom fields will show where they are created—as an example, to see information about custom fields on invoices, go to the Invoice report.
On these reports you'll find all of your Custom Fields within the Columns drop down list. To select the custom field to shown on the report, mark the checkbox beside it.
The Jobber Glossary
Confused by language we use in Jobber? Definitions right this way.Get Reading!
Sign up for a Webinar
Tutorials for both those new to Jobber and long-time power users.Sign Me Up!
We walk you through our biggest features and point out the essentials.Let’s Watch!