Setting up Your Xero Sync
You can sync Clients, Services & Products, as well as Invoices by integrating Jobber with Xero.
Note: Jobber does not sync payments with Xero.
Set up Xero integration:
1. Go to the Gear Icon > Settings > Accounting Sync.
2. Here click 'Connect to Xero'. You will then be directed to Xero and asked to login if you are not already.
3. Choose which organization in Xero that you want to sync with Jobber and click Authorize.
4. You will be redirected back to Jobber and be able to run your first sync.
5. Select what you want in Xero to be synced with Jobber.
- Clients: This is a two-way sync of your clients. Clients in Xero will be added to Jobber and clients from Jobber will be added to Xero.
- Services & Products: Jobber will pull down all active items from Xero. It will then push new services & products entered into Jobber to Xero.
- Invoices: Jobber will push all flagged Invoices to Xero. Look for the 'Push To Xero' link in the actions menu at the top right of an invoice.
6. Click 'Sync Now!' to run a sync. You can keep using Jobber as the sync runs. This is a manual sync, not automatic, and will need to be trigged from the 'Sync Now!' button each time.
How clients and properties sync
Contacts/Customers: In Xero there are contacts and customers, a contact becomes a customer once invoiced. Xero syncs only customers to Jobber.
Names: When bringing over a customer from Xero to Jobber, the contact name will come over as a company name in Jobber, a primary person will be brought over to the contact name field in Jobber.
Addresses: A postal address in Xero will be brought over as a billing address to Jobber and the physical address will be brought over as a property address.
Accounts in Xero
In order to sync Jobber and Xero, you will need to have an account called Sales under your Chart of Accounts in Xero. This comes standard in Xero and is there by by default. However, if you change the name of the sales account to something else, Jobber will be unable to sync.
The Jobber Glossary
Confused by language we use in Jobber? Definitions right this way.Get Reading!
Sign up for a Webinar
Tutorials for both those new to Jobber and long-time power users.Sign Me Up!
We walk you through our biggest features and point out the essentials.Let’s Watch!