Table of Contents
Attract new customers when you let them book new work through your website and Facebook page—and receive a notification as soon as it happens.
Assessments allow you to block off time on your calendar to complete a request. Assessments can be helpful when you need to make a sales call to view a property in order to make a quote or estimate. Blocking off this time on your calendar protects that time so your team can go out and create the quote or view the property. Assessments can also be routed along with your visits for the day.
Once you have your booking requests turned on and a request has been made online or by the client through client hub, you will be able to schedule that request as an Assessment on the calendar, or can convert that request directly into a quote or job to be able to begin work with this client.
When a new client calls
When a new client calls in and you want to record their information. before creating a quote for them, your first step should be to create a request. When creating a request, if it's for a brand new client you can add their information to the system directly from the request.
Starting from the Requests tab on the side navigation, click the New Request button in the top right of your screen.
You will be brought to a blank request where you can select the client this request will be for by clicking the plus sign.
For a new client, select Create New Client and you will be prompted to enter their details including contact information like their name, property address, phone number, and email address.
Now that the client has been added to this request, you can start filling out the details and if needed, schedule an assessment.
Schedule an assessment
Assessments are scheduled on requests. The assessment blocks out time on your calendar for team members to visit the property and contains the details of what needs to be done during this time. We mention above that requests can be created by you from the requests page, but they can also be created by your clients and submitted online.
From an existing request, click Schedule Assessment in the top right corner.
If you're creating a new request, scroll down to the assessment section and toggle On-site assessment required to ON.
This will add a section to your booking request form where you can enter the instructions for the assessment as well as a scheduled date, time, and assign a team member.
When you save a request for the first time, there are two options:
- Save request: This saves the request and takes you out of the edit screen, back to the top of the request where you can view the request details.
- Save and...: Clicking this button gives you a list of other actions you can do in addition to saving the quote. These are things that might save you a step or a few clicks. Your options are to:
- Save and Convert to Quote: the request is saved and you are brought to the quote creation screen with a reference of the details from the request so that you can build a quote based off that information.
- Save and Convert to Job: the request is saved and you are brought to the job creation screen with a reference of the details from the request so that you can build a job based off that information.
Once a request has already been created, the button changes from Save Request to Update Request. The update options are to:
- Update Request: The request is updated with the changes you have made to it.
- Update and...: Clicking this button gives you a list of other actions you can do in addition to updating the request. These are things that might save you a step or a few clicks. Your options are to:
- Update and Convert to Quote: the request is updated with your changes and you are brought to the quote creation screen with a reference of the updated details from the request so that you can build a quote based off that information.
- Update and Convert to Job: the request is updated and you are brought to the job creation screen with a reference of the details from the updated request so that you can build a job based off that information.
- Note: These update options create new quotes or jobs. These options do not update any existing quotes or jobs that were based on this request.
Converting a request
In addition to the save options, there are options from the suggested actions on a request to Convert to Quote or Convert to Job. Selecting one of the options will move the request to the next step of the workflow.
After you select quote or job, you will now see a Reference view on the right of your screen. This will include all relevant details that your client submitted with their request and can be used as reference as you build the quote or job. By choosing to convert or archive the request, the scheduled assessment will automatically show as completed.
After the quote or job has been saved, the original booking request will be marked as 'Converted' and you will notice there is a reference to the quote and/or job on the booking request.
Assessments on the calendar
These request assessments will appear on your calendar as an indigo request. To view these scheduled assessments, go to your calendar filters and check the box beside Requests.
You can mark an assessment as complete from the calendar or from the booking request. When you do, you will be prompted to convert the request to a quote or job, leave as 'Action Required', or Archive it. There are also options to convert the booking request into a quote or job from the Suggested Actions in the top right of the booking request.
Push notifications in the Jobber app will work the same as with scheduled visits, if a new assessment is added to your schedule by another user, you will receive a same-day push notification informing you of your schedule change.
Request assessment statuses and actions
- Pending - when a new request has been created online or through client hub
- Unscheduled - when an assessment has been turned on, but not yet scheduled on the calendar
- Upcoming/Today - future scheduled assessment
- Past Due - an assessment that has not been marked complete from a previous day
- Action Required - an assessment that has been marked as complete, but has not been archived or converted into a quote or a job
- Archived - a request that has not been converted into a quote or job
- Converted - a request or request assessment that has been completed and converted to a quote or job.