Tasks can be used to schedule things that you won't be invoicing for. They can be associated with a client, or be stand alone items. Tasks are often used as reminders, to block out time on the schedule, or for non-billable work.
An updated version of the Jobber app will be rolled out to all users in October. If your apps are set to automatically update, you will get it once the updates are available to your account and your app has been updated to the latest version available at that time.
This article covers functionality that's available with the legacy Jobber App. This functionality will be changing with the updated Jobber App. To see what is coming, check out Tasks in the Jobber App (Updated Jobber App).
If you are interested in moving you and your team onto the updated app, start a chat and let our support team know!
Creating a task
In the app, tasks are created from the quick create menu. To create a task, tap the Plus Sign in the bottom right corner of the app and select Task from the menu.
From the new task screen, you will be prompted to enter:
- Client- this is optional. Tasks can be created without being associated with a client.
- Details- the title and the description for this task. The title will show on the schedule as the name of this task.
- Schedule- when will this task be performed?
- Note: in the app recurring tasks cannot be created.
- Team- assigning a team member will add this task to that user's schedule.
Deleting a task
To delete an existing task, tap on the task from the schedule to open up the details. In the top right of the task, tap Edit. The delete button will be at the bottom of the task. Tap Delete Task.
If the task is recurring you will be asked if you want to delete just this task, or all future instances of this task.