Table of Contents
You and your team can run your day-to-day operations from anywhere with our iOS and Android mobile apps. Learn more.
The updated app shown in this article will be rolling out to all users in October. If your apps are set to automatically update, you will get it once the updates are available to your account and your app has been updated to the latest version available at that time.
This article covers functionality that's available with the updated Jobber App. If you are not using the updated app yet, check out Creating a Quote in the Jobber App.
If you are interested in moving you and your team onto the updated app, start a chat and let our support team know!
You can create a quote in the Jobber app by:
- Using the quick create menu: Tap the + icon in the corner of the app, then select Quote.
- Converting a request to a quote: From a request, tap More Actions > Convert to Quote.
- Creating work from the client's profile: Navigate to the client, then tap +Create and select New job.
This article will walk you through how to create a quote in the app and what actions you can take on these quotes once they're made.
Creating a quote
If you are creating the quote from the quick create menu, all the fields will be blank for you to fill in. If you are starting from a request, the same client from the request will already be associated with this quote.
To fill out each section tap the + icon to add details. The sections are:
- Client: Add a client to this quote. You're able to view recently active clients or search your client list to create this quote for an existing client. If this quote is for someone you haven't done work for before, tap Create New Client to enter their details.
- Quote details:
- Tap Edit to update the quote details.
- This section includes the job title for the quote as well as any quote custom fields.
- Line items:
- Tap + to add line items to the quote.
- Select a line item from your products and services list. These are shown in the same order they appear in Jobber online from Settings > Products & Services. Use the search bar to quickly find and select from your products and services.
- Note: Adding text is not an option in the app, however text can be added to quotes from Jobber online. Another option is to create a line item for $0.00 with the text, or add a quote client message.
- Tap + to add line items to the quote.
- To add a new line item for a new product or service, tap Create New Line Item. Enter a name, description unit price, and quantity for this quote. On The Grow Plan, there are options to add an image for the line item or to make the line item optional, meaning your client can choose to add it to their quote. Optional line items are a good fit to create packages that your clients can choose from, or add additional items to upsell. When you enable a line item as optional, you'll have the option to recommend the line item which automatically adds it to quote (however the client can choose to de-select it in client hub). Learn more about Quoting on the Grow Plan.
- To add this new line item to your products and services list so that you can offer it again in the future, keep the toggle for Save to products and services to ON.
- If a line item is tax exempt, slide the toggle for Charge taxes for line item to OFF. By default, this will be on when adding new line items.
- Two types of discounts can be added: a Percentage (%)or a Fixed amount ($)
- Select the discount type, then enter the discount amount.
- Tap + to add a tax rate to this quote. If the client's property has a default tax rate associated with it, that tax rate will be automatically applied to the quote.
- The total is automatically calculated based on the line items entered, discounts, and taxes.
- Required deposit
- Tap + to add a required deposit on the quote. A required deposit is the amount you're asking your client to pay upfront before work can begin.
- Client message
- Tap + to add a client message. This might be a note thanking them for their interest in your business, or any other notes you want to pass along about this quote.
- Tap Save Message once your message is entered.
Review and send quote
Once you have finished building out the quote, the next step is to send it to your client for their consideration. But don't worry, you'll still get a chance to preview the quote and see how it will look to your customer when they view it in client hub. Tap Review & Send to look the quote over one last time and chose if you want to send this quote by text or email.
This will bring up a preview of the quote you're about to send to your client so you can see how it will appear in client hub. When viewing the quote in client hub, your client will be able to interact with it. This includes the ability to select optional line items, view line item images, approve the quote, request changes, and pay deposits. In the quote preview, the button to Approve & Pay Deposit will be greyed out since this is just a preview, but your clients will be able to interact with this button so they can approve the quote and pay the deposit in client hub.
If you need to make any changes to the quote, tap the back arrow icon in the top left corner to exit the Review Quote screen. To move ahead and pick your delivery method, tap Next.
Your delivery options for the quote are to send it by email or by text message.
Send by text message
Select Send by text message to text your client a link to the quote. If the client's primary (starred) phone number can receive text messages, that phone number will already be filled in as the recipient of this text message. To send the quote to additional people, enter each of their phone numbers as well. If you don't know a client's phone number off the top of your head, you can search using their name in addition to entering their phone number.
There is a default message that is sent with the quote that is set up in Jobber online from Settings > Templates. This message can be customized for this text message only in the Text quote preview screen, so you can add in any additional details. Text messages have a limit of 1600 characters.
Note: Any recipients of this text will be able to view the quote in client hub and will also receive quote follow-up texts as well.
Attachments cannot be added when texting a quote. If you need to attach additional images or files, sending the quote as an email may be a better fit. Clients will be able to view line item images when viewing the quote in client hub.
Send by email
The client's primary(starred) email address will already be filled in as the recipient of this email. To change the recipients, tap the X to remove any already entered recipients, then enter the new email addresses(es). To add a CC, tap the CC icon then enter their email address(es).
Note: Any recipients of this email will be able to view the quote in client hub and will also receive quote follow-up texts as well. CC'd recipients will not receive follow-ups.
The template for the message in the body of the email is set up in Jobber online from Settings > Templates. However, if you need to customize the template message to have information relevant to the quote you're sending, the email can be edited from the Email quote preview screen before it is sent.
Turn the toggle for Send me a copy to ON to BCC the email address that you log into Jobber with a copy of the emailed quote.
If you are sending the quote by email and you would like to add additional attachments to the email, from the attachments section tap + to upload files from your device. By default, the quote PDF is not included as an attachment but if you would like to send it along with the email, in the Add attachments screen check the box for the quote PDF to send it as an attachment.
Note: There is a 10MB size limit for attachments sent by email.
After you send the quote to your client the status will change to "Awaiting Response". To send the quote again, tap Resend.
You'll know the first time your client views the quote in client hub, because admin users will see a push notification letting them know the client has viewed the quote and can then follow up, if needed. Learn more about push notifications.
Actions on a sent quote
There are a number of actions that can be taken on a quote once it's been sent. The options that appear are based on the status of the quote.
If a quote is in "Awaiting Payment" status, two of the actions appear as buttons: Approve and Resend. The other actions are found by tapping the More Actions (...) button. These options are: Archive and Delete.
If a quote is in "Approved" status, instead of Approve (since the quote is already approved) there is a button to Schedule Job. There are also additional options from the More Actions (...) button: Collect Signature and Collect deposit, in addition to Archive and Delete.
Collect a signature on a quote
To approve the quote in person and collect a signature, tap Approve on a quote in "Awaiting Payment" status or More Actions (...) > Collect Signature if the quote has already been approved. This will bring up a signature screen where the client can draw to sign to approve the quote. Then tap Confirm. The collected signature will appear on the quote PDF and be saved as a note.
If you don't require a signature just tap Skip at the bottom of the screen.
If you have a required deposit added to the quote, when approving the quote you will be able to record the deposit payment once the signature has been captured or skipped.
Collect a deposit on a quote
When approving a quote, you'll be prompted to collect a deposit as part of the approval flow. For a quote in "Awaiting Payment" status, tap Approve. After collecting (or skipping) a signature, if the quote has a required deposit you'll be taken to the Collect Deposit screen.
A deposit can be recorded on an approved quote by tapping More Actions (...) > Collect Deposit.
From the Collect Deposit page, enter:
- The payment method:
- Jobber Payments
- credit card
- bank transfer
- money order
- transaction date
- details about the deposit
For payment methods, choosing "Credit card" from under the Jobber Payments heading will charge the client's card, whereas the "Credit card" option from under the Payment Record heading will make a record that you have collected a payment via credit card outside of Jobber. The payment record method is a good option if you are using a credit card provider that does not integrate with Jobber, but you still need to track that the client has paid and update the client's balance in Jobber.
If a client requests changes to the quote, the quote status will be updated to "Changes Requested". The client's description of what they'd like to be changed will appear on the app:
To make changes to the quote, tap each of the existing line items to edit them. To add a new line item, tap the + icon from the Line items section. Once your changes are made, tap Resend to let the client know you've updated the quote.
If you need to reach out to your client to discuss the changes further, tap the Phone icon in the top navigation menu of the quote to call them. On select plans, tap the Text message icon to open a text message conversation with your client.
To view a list of all the quotes in your Jobber account, navigate to the Clients tab from the bottom menu. From the client's list, tap Quotes to view a list of your quotes. The list will show the most recent 100 quotes, but items beyond the most 100 recent can be pulled up from the search. You can search by using:
- Client name
- Client phone number
- Custom field entry
- Line item
- Quote number
- Job title on the quote
The quotes list will indicate the status each quote is in, so you'll know at a quick glance where each quote is at in your workflow.
There are 6 statuses a quote can be in:
- Draft: This is a quote that has not been sent to your client yet, and is only visible to you.
- Awaiting response: This is a quote that has been sent to your client and is awaiting approval or a change request.
- Changes Requested: This is a quote that a client is requesting changes on.
- Approved: This is a quote that has been approved by the client, or has been marked as approved manually.
- Converted: A quote that has been converted into a job.
- Archived: A quote that has been archived in the system. These are only visible to you in Jobber, not to your clients in client hub.