Table of Contents
Your team can clock in and out of jobs and track expenses from anywhere, so you can prep payroll faster.
Entering expenses into Jobber allows you to keep track of your costs. You are able to upload copies of the receipt, select if it's reimbursable to your team, and record the expense against a job. Expenses can be entered from the Jobber App or from Jobber online.
Expenses are available on select plans.View our current pricing plans.
To check what plan you're on, navigate to the Gear Icon > Account and Billing. If you have any questions about your plan's features or pricing, our support team is here to help!
This article covers expenses in Jobber online, check out Expenses in the Jobber App to learn about the app.
To use expenses, go into your Gear Icon > Settings > Expense Tracking. Then click Turn On Expense Tracking. Expenses are internally tracked on individual jobs and in the expenses report.
Next, set up some accounting codes which will be used to categorize the types of expenses that will be entered into Jobber. To add a new accounting code, click +New Code.
Once expenses have been turned on from your settings, a new Expenses section will be added to the side navigation:
Create or record a new expense
Expenses can be recorded in 2 ways:
- From the Expenses tab on the side navigation
- From a job in the costs section
To add an expense from the side navigation, click Expense from the left menu, then click + New Expense in the top right.
You can add an expense on a job, by navigating to the job you want to add an expense to. From the job, scroll down to the Costs section, and click New > Expense to create an expense that will be associated with this job.
Every expense item in Jobber can contain the following information:
- Expense date: Default is the current date, click to modify it.
- Expense name: A name for the expense. This will auto-complete for expenses you enter frequently.
- Expense details: Provide details of the expense (This is optional).
- Expense amount: The amount of the expense.
- Reimburse to: Specify if the expense needs to be reimbursed to a user.
- Job: You can attach the expense to an active job.
- Accounting code: Select an account to categorize this expense under. This option will only be visible if accounting codes have been set up in the Expense Settings.
- Receipt: You can upload an image of the expense receipt.
Report on expenses
You can view the expenses report, by clicking Reports > Expenses.
Reimburse your expenses
Reimbursable expenses will automatically appear from Confirm Payroll. To get here click Time Sheets > Confirm Payroll. To mark a reimbursable expense as paid, click the Awaiting Payment button beside a user's name, choose the expenses you've paid, and click the Mark as Paid button.