To use expenses, go into your Settings Gear > Settings > Expense Tracking. Then click Turn On Expenses:
This will add a new expenses section to your side navigation:
Creating or recording a new Expense
Expenses can be recorded in 3 ways:
- Through the Work page
- In the Expenses page
- Within a Job
You can add an expense by clicking Work from the menu, then click + New in the Expenses box on the right:
You can add an expense by clicking Expense from the menu, then click + New Expense in the top right:
You can add an expense on a job, by going to Jobs > search the job > and click on it. Then scroll down to the Team Costs section, and click 'New' to add an expense.
Every Expense item in Jobber can contain the following information:
- Expense date: Default is the current date, simply click to modify it.
- Expense name: A name for the expense. This will auto-complete for expenses you enter frequently.
- Expense details: Provide details of the expense - This is optional.
- Expense amount: The amount of the expense.
- Reimburse to: Specify if the expense needs to be reimbursed to a user.
- Job: You can attach the expense to a currently active job.
- Receipt: You can uploaded image of the expense receipt.
- Accounting code: Select an account to categorize this expense under. This option will only be visible if Accounting Codes have been set up in the Expense Settings.
Reporting on Expenses
You can view the Expenses report, by clicking Management > Expense Reporting.
Reimburse your Expenses
Reimbursable Expenses will automatically appear in the 'Confirm Payroll'. To get here click Management > Confirm Payroll. To mark a Reimbursable Expense as paid, click the Pay button beside a user's name, choose the Expenses you've paid, and click the 'Mark as Paid' button.
The Jobber Glossary
Confused by language we use in Jobber? Definitions right this way.Get Reading!
Sign up for a Webinar
Tutorials for both those new to Jobber and long-time power users.Sign Me Up!
We walk you through our biggest features and point out the essentials.Let’s Watch!