Table of Contents
In order for our Success Team to troubleshoot an issue, there's a few steps we can do first that will either prevent us from making a ticket or provide information that will help our Customer Ops team if we do need to make a ticket.
Is everything up to date?
A lot of the time, a good first step is to make sure that you are using the most recent version of your software. This can include the Jobber app, but also non-Jobber softwares like your mobile device's operating system or computer's browser. When new updates are released, they typically include bug fixes that will keep your experience smooth. If you are experiencing a performance issue, check and see if there is an update available because that update might just do the trick. A sign that your browser is out of date might include not being able to see or download attachments.
How to clear your cache
Clearing your cache can be another good first step that helps with a variety of performance issues. How to do this varies a bit on different devices:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click the three vertical dots.
- Click More tools and then Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
- Select Settings and more > Settings > Privacy, search, and services.
- Under Clear browsing data > Clear browsing data now, select Choose what to clear.
- Under Time range, choose a time range from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the types of browsing data you want to clear (see this table for descriptions).
- Select Clear now.
- From the top menu bar, Safari. From the drop-down menu, select Preferences.
- Click the Advancedtab, select the Show Develop menu in menu bar checkbox and close the Preferences window.
- Select the Develop drop-down menu. Click Empty Cache.
Note: You may want to also clear your browser history.
In order to use both the app and the website, you do need to have an internet connection- whether that's through wifi or data or a wired connection.
In the app when you are not connected to the internet, you will see a message letting you know that there is no connection with an option to reconnect.
If you are having trouble accessing the Jobber website and suspect that you are not connected to the internet, a way to check this is to see if you are able to access Google.com. If you are unable to access Google, you are almost certainly not connected to the internet.
Sending our Success Team information
Sometimes in order to troubleshoot issues, we'll ask for information from you. It's helpful for our team to be able to see what you are seeing and screenshots and screen shares are a good way of letting us see that
How to take a screenshot
Most devices are able to take screenshots but how you take one varies between devices.
Take-a-screenshot.org shows how to take screenshots on a variety of device including Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, and Chrome OS.
In the Jobber office, we like using a program called Skitch! Skitch allows you to take a screenshot by clicking Shift + Command + 5 (crosshair screenshot) or Shift + Command + 6 (fullscreen screenshot). It also allows you to markup your screenshot so if you've ever received an image with an arrow on it from us, it was likely created in Skitch. It can be a good tool for when you need to draw attention to a certain area or point.
How to do a screen share
Our Success Team can screen share with you using Zoom. To join the screen share our team member will send you the Zoom meeting link.
Doing a screen share this way will allow you to see the Success Team member's screen. However for our team to see your screen, you'll need to click Share from the bottom menu in the Zoom meeting. Sharing your screen can be a very helpful tool when working with other software, such as QuickBooks.
Troubleshooting the Jobber App
Check out our article on Jobber App Troubleshooting. This covers:
- Uninstalling the app to resolve general performance issues
- How to do a screen recording of your device
- How to find out your app version and device
Is Jobber down?
If you suspect Jobber is down, Jobber's status page is where you can find real-time information on system performance and outages. This is where you'll find live and historical data on systems status. If there are any interruptions in service a note will be posted on our status page.
You can also subscribe to receive status updates by text message so that you'll know right away if there are any service disruptions or when outages are resolved.