In order for our Success Team to troubleshoot an issue, there's a few steps we can do first that will either prevent us from making a ticket or provide information that will help our Customer Ops team if we do need to make a ticket.
Is everything up to date?
A lot of the time, a good first step is to make sure that you are using the most recent version of your software. This can include the Jobber app, but also non-Jobber softwares like your mobile device's operating system or computer's browser. When new updates are released, they typically include bug fixes that will keep your experience smooth. If you are experiencing a performance issue, check and see if there is an update available because that update might just do the trick.
How to clear your cache
Clearing your cache can be another good first step that helps with a variety of performance issues. How to do this varies a bit on different devices:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click the three vertical dots.
- Click More tools and then Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
- Open the Settings Menu. In the top right hand corner you'll see three dots in a horizontal line.
- Locate Clearing Browsing Data.
- Choosing What to Clear.
- Restart the Browser.
- Click on the Safari drop-down menu and select Preferences.
- Click the Advanced tab. Select the Show Develop menu in menu bar checkbox and close the Preferences window.
- Select the Develop drop-down menu. Click Empty Cache.
- Note: You may want to also clear your browser history.
In order to use both the app and the website, you do need to have an internet connection- whether that's through wifi or data or a wired connection.
In the app when you are not connected to the internet, you will see a message letting you know that there is no connection with an option to reconnect.
If you are having trouble accessing the Jobber website and suspect that you are not connected to the internet, a way to check this is to see if you are able to access Google.com. If you are unable to access Google, you are almost certainly not connected to the internet.
Sending our Success Team information
Sometimes in order to troubleshoot issues, we'll ask for information from you. It's helpful for our team to be able to see what you are seeing and screenshots and screen shares are a good way of letting us see that
How to take a screenshot
Most devices are able to take screenshots but how you take one varies between devices.
Take-a-screenshot.org shows how to take screenshots on a variety of device including Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, and Chrome OS.
In the Jobber office, we like using a program called Skitch! Skitch allows you to take a screenshot by clicking Shift + Command + 5 (crosshair screenshot) or Shift + Command + 6 (fullscreen screenshot). It also allows you to markup your screenshot so if you've ever received an image with an arrow on it from us, it was likely created in Skitch. It can be a good tool for when you need to draw attention to a certain area or point.
How to find out your app information
Sometimes we will ask you for the version of the app that you are on, or information about your device. Knowing this is helpful for our team when looking into issues. You can find this by clicking the Gear Icon > Settings. This screen shows the app version along with the device info. Keep in mind that the app version and device might be different for each member of the team or device.
How to do a screen share
The program that we use to do screen shares is called JoinMe. To join a JoinMe meeting:
- Type Join.Me into your browser's address bar.
- On Join.Me's home screen, click the option to join a meeting and enter the meeting code. The Success Team member you are speaking with will tell you the meeting code but for most meetings, it's typically "jobbersuccess".
- Enter your name for the meeting.
Doing a screen share this way will allow you to see the Success Team member's screen. However if you want to share your screen with us you will need to download the Join.Me app. Sharing your screen can be a very helpful tool when working with other softwares, such as QuickBooks.
Once you have the Join.Me app downloaded, we will be able to view your screen during a screen share by "passing the presenter role" over to you in Join.Me.
Is Jobber down?
If you suspect that Jobber might be down, you can view our status and subscribe to updates on our status page: https://www.jobberstatus.net/