With two reports, track your transactions and know when to expect a payout.
There are two reports that relate to Jobber Payments:
- the Transactions List
- the Payouts Report
These can be found at the top left of the Reports page. Only admin users will have access to Jobber Payments reporting.
The Transaction Report will show all payments, deposits, and refunds. This is a good report to reference to find out the details of each payment you've processed via Jobber Payments including the fee breakdown.
Like most reports found within your account, you can specify a custom date range or use the default options. You can also filter to show the different types of transactions.
Click onto Columns beside 'Receive Excel Copy' to customize what you can see on the report. We recommend selecting 'Fee $' as it is one of the most sought after columns for users to view and will show you the fees that are charged per transaction.
The columns that appear in the report are:
- Client name
- Type - includes payments, deposits, or refunds.
- Paid through - Payments can be made through the mobile app, automatic payments, or Jobber online. This column shows where the payment was made.
- Total - this is the invoice or deposit total.
- Fee - this is the dollar amount that went to fees.
- Note - this is typically what the payment was applied to, however manually added payment notes appear here too.
- Card ending # - the last four digits of the card number or the last four digits of the bank account.
- Card type - for credit card payments this will show if the card was a Visa, MasterCard, etc.
- Invoice # - if the payment was made towards an invoice, this is the invoice number the payment is associated with.
- Quote # - if the payment was made as a deposit on a quote, this is the quote number associated with the payment.
- Payout # - once a payout has been generated with this transaction, the payout number will appear in this column.
- Open - click the squares icon to open the transaction details.
From the Open column, you can also click on a specific transaction to find more information. If you needed to issue a refund or email a receipt the pop-up shows buttons to issue a refund or drop down with options for the receipt. There will also be direct links to the quote and/or invoice.
The payouts report will show the processed payments being sent to your bank account. When Jobber Payments are deposited into your bank account, they are grouped into a lump sum which can include many transactions processed in the same day being included in the same payout. The filter option at the top of this page allows you to view all payouts from within a specific time period (you choose!).
To the right of the payout, you will see its status. If the payout has a label for Instant that means this was an instant payout, clicking into this payout will show this message:
There are no transactions associated with instant payouts, they will appear on the next standard payout.
For instant payouts, the standard payout that follows will have the details of the instant payout.
If the payout is listed as Paid it has been deposited into your bank account (the deposit can take until the end of the day to be seen on your account). If the payout is In Transit, it is currently being processed and you will see an expected date you will receive it. We have more information about the payout window here.
Please note that your first payout will take 5-7 business days to be deposited, once this has been successfully deposited your next payout(s) will take 2-4 business days.
Clicking into the payout will show you a summary regarding the amount collected/deposited and the fees associated with the transaction. The summary breaks down how many instant payouts, fees from instant payouts, payments (standard payouts), and refunds there were in this payout.
Below the summary, you can find the breakdown of the transactions that made up this payout.
The fees for payments are captured at a per transaction level, which is reflected in the fees column in the summary of the payout. The 1% fee for instant payouts is paid immediately and shows in the row for instant payout fees.
Clicking on a standard payment will show a pop-up of the payment details that shows which invoice or quote it was collected against. Since instant payouts come from the balance of fund they aren't associated with particular invoices or quotes so they don't display additional payment details.