Thumbtack and Jobber make it easy for you to get more jobs and get paid faster.
Thumbtack is a marketplace for finding local professionals. Integrate Jobber with Thumbtack to spend less time looking for work and let Thumbtack match you with the jobs you want, then seamlessly manage these customers and track jobs from start to finish all from Jobber.
This integration is available on Connect and Grow plans in the United States.
To use this integration, you must have an account with Thumbtack. Pricing for leads is set by Thumbtack and managed in your Thumbtack account.
Set up the integration
To set up the integration between Thumbtack and Jobber, click Apps from the side navigation. From the list of apps, select Thumbtack.
From the Thumbtack page, click Connect. This page covers the features and benefits of the Thumbtack integration as well as some help resources.
Next, you'll be asked to allow Thumbtack access to your Jobber account. Click Allow Access.
You'll be asked to confirm that you are connecting the correct business with Thumbtack. Make sure the drop-down menu has the correct company name listed, then click Confirm Connection.
You're now set up to use Thumbtack and Jobber! Click Success! to continue using Thumbtack.
How the integration works
Thumbtack is an online directory where folks seeking services can search for businesses that provide the services are after. Thumbtack has two types of leads: direct leads and opportunities. When a new direct lead comes into your Thumbtack account, their details will sync to Jobber creating a new client with a new request so that you can start moving this lead through your workflow in Jobber. You'll be able to see the information they submitted in both Thumbtack and Jobber including:
- Description: What service is this lead looking for?
- Location: This shows the city and zip code. In Thumbtack, click Show map to view the approximate area where the lead is located on a map.
- Note: The lead's exact address is not shown in Thumbtack, just the general area of the city where they are located. They will need to be contacted to confirm the full address beyond city and zip code.
- Scheduling preferences: These are potential dates and times that the lead is available for this work.
- Travel preferences: Do they prefer that you travel to them, or prefer that they travel to you, or is this a service that can be done virtually?
- Phone number: The full phone number isn't displayed in Thumbtack until after you reply back to this lead. However, when the lead syncs to Jobber the full phone number is visible even if it's prior to replying in Thumbtack.
- Additional details: This includes details relevant to the service that the lead selected. It might include if they have pets or details about their property.
Note: New clients are only created in Jobber from Thumbtack after the integration has been set up. Leads from before the integration will not appear in Jobber and will need to be added to Jobber manually.
The lead will sync into Jobber as a new client (on the Grow Plan, you will see a lead label for this client) with a new request. The details from the lead in Thumbtack appear on the request as a note, including a link to the lead URL in Thumbtack. The booking source for this request will automatically show Thumbtack.
Using the details from Thumbtack, you can decide how to proceed with this new request. If you are going to move forward with this work, an assessment can be scheduled based on the lead's availability schedule.
Since the integration creates a new client and a new request with a note in Jobber, activity feed notifications will also be created to flag when a new lead from Thumbtack comes in.
Add a property address
Since the client's exact property address isn't visible in Thumbtack and therefore doesn't transfer to Jobber, you'll need to contact the client to collect their address so that you know where the work will be happening.
When you see a new request come in from Thumbtack, navigate to the client the request is for. Below their name, there is a section for their properties that will be empty. Click New Property to start filling in their property details.
Once the property address has been entered, click Save.
Since the request from Thumbtack was created without a property address, the newly added property address won't appear on the request. However, when the request is converted to a quote or job the property address from the client page will populate on the new quote or job.
The quickest way to look up a property address from a request or assessment on the schedule is to click on the client’s name to view the address on the client's page.