Table of Contents
Keep track of important client details whether you’re at the office, on the way to a job, or out in the field.
In Jobber, clients are the building blocks for work. Requests, quotes, jobs, and invoices are all associated with clients. Clients are also where details like contact information and property details are recorded.
Creating and editing a client
Click the Clients tab on the sidebar. This will take you to the client index page where you can view your client list. In the top right of this page, click the New Client button to create a new client.
This will bring you to the client create page, where you can see both the client details and the property details.
On the client create page, you can enter the following details:
- Title: This is an optional field, you can select Mr., Mrs., Ms., Miss., or Dr., as a way to address this client.
- Contact Name: A first and last name for your customer
- Company Name: An optional company name for your customer. Check the checkbox if you would like to use the company name as the primary name for this client.
- Billing address: An optional billing address that Quotes and Invoices will be addressed to instead of the Property address.
- Phone: Multiple phone numbers of different types (main, work, home, mobile, fax, and other) can be added. You can turn the toggle switch to ON if you would like to send text messages to this number. If the client has requested to not receive text messages (by replying "Stop" to messages from Jobber), you will see a message letting you know that they have requested not to receive text messages. If the client wants to resume receiving texts, they can text "Start".
- Email: Multiple e-mail addresses of different types can be added
- Automated notifications: When turned on, these toggle switches enable this client to receive notifications for assessment and visit reminders and job follow-ups.
- Property Address: The service address for the first Property under this Client.
- Additional client/property details: These are custom fields. If you would like to store more information, custom field will give you additional fields to fill out.
Note: It is not currently possible to merge two client profiles into one in Jobber. You will either need to manually move the data over into one profile and delete the duplicate, or keep both clients, but rename one of the clients that you don't primarily use to include "do not use" in the name of the client.
When saving the client there are two options:
- Save client: This option saves the client, then brings you back to the same client's profile where you can look over the details.
- Save and create another: This options saves the client, then you are taken to another client creation screen where you can create another new client.
The client page
If you click on a client from the list, it will take you to the main page of information for the client. You’ll find the entire history of your work with this client here.
The client page is broken down into the following sections:
- Properties: Service addresses for this client.
- Client Overview: Quotes, jobs and invoices for this client. The Active work tab shows work that is currently open or active.
- Visits/Tasks/Reminders: All current and completed tasks for this client. These are ordered by date, with completed items on the bottom of the list.
- Tags: Any tags you've added for this client. Learn more about Tags
- Billing History Box: All invoices, payments and deposits for this client. Learn more about the Billing History Box.
- Notes & Attachments: Add internal notes to a client to keep track of client’s preferences and other information.
- Client Communications: See a list of the emails and text messages that you have sent this client.
The More Actions button has options for creating new items that will automatically be associated this client. The options are:
- Request: Create a new request for this client.
- Quote: Create a new quote for this client.
- Job: Create a new job for this client.
- Invoice: Create a new invoice for this client.
- When creating an invoice from the client page, you will have an option to include any jobs that are in requires invoicing status, so you can include multiple jobs on a single invoice.
- Collect Payment: Record a payment for this client.
- Note: This is a record of a payment that you've already received, such as a cash or check payment. Cards cannot be charged when collecting a payment on a client's profile. If a client is making a payment by card, they can pay online through client hub or you can collect their payment and enter their card details on an invoice.
- Task: Create a new task for this client.
- Calendar Event: Create a calendar event for this client.
- Property: Create a new property for this client.
- Show on Map: View the client's property in Googe Maps.
- Note: This option is only available if the client has one property. If they have multiple properties, you can view them on a map by clicking the Pin Icon on the property page.
- Adjust Map Location: If you need to update where the map shows the property, it can be adjusted. Learn how to Adjust a Map Pin.
- Archive Client: Archive this client so that they no longer show as active.
- Download VCard: Export this client in VCard format. VCards can be added to your phone (or other devices) to import this client as a contact.
- Send Login Email: Send an email to invite your client to log into client hub. Client hub is where they will view their quotes, invoices, appointments, and wallet.
- Log in as Client: Preview what your client will see in client hub.
- Note: Some actions are disabled in client hub when you preview, but will be available to your client.
Clicking Clients from the side navigation menu will bring you to your full list of clients.
The client index page shows your full client list. You can search clients or properties pages by using the search bar in the top left.
To reorder information in the clients or properties pages, use the Sort drop down on the right side.
You can sort clients by first or last name, or by those that have recent activity.
Tags can also be useful for sorting your clients—select one or multiple tags to filter the list to clients or properties that have those tags. Learn more about Tags.
Lead management is available on select plans. View our current pricing plans.
To check what plan you're on, navigate to the Gear Icon > Account and Billing. If you have any questions about your plan's features or pricing, our support team is here to help!
Lead labels show on your client list and on the client profile, you can track and manage your clients and leads. This way you can tell at a glance who is an existing client and who is a prospective client allowing you to prioritize your time and resources.
In order to track which people have had work done, the label for "lead" will appear until one of these actions are taken:
A job is created for them
An invoice is sent to them
Their quote is approved
These actions represent the jump from a lead or prospective client to a client. Once one of these actions have happened, the "lead" label will be removed from the client's profile.
Clients can be marked as Archived if they are someone who you no longer consider a client but would like to keep a record of them and the work performed. Archiving a client removes them from your client list, but does not delete them. You will still be able to see their past requests, quotes, jobs, and billing history and they will still be able to access their client hub.
From the clients profile, click More Actions > Archive Client.