Table of Contents
Your team can clock in and out of jobs and track expenses from anywhere, so you can prep payroll faster.
Entering expenses into Jobber allows you to keep track of your costs. From the Jobber app, you can upload copies of the receipt select if it's reimbursable to your team, and record the expense against a job.
Expense tracking is available on select plans. View our current pricing plans.
To check what plan you're on, navigate to the Gear Icon > Account and Billing. If you have any questions about your plan's features or pricing, our support team is here to help!
Creating an expense
Expenses can be quickly added from the Jobber App using the quick create menu, in the bottom right.
After selecting Expense from the quick create menu, add in details like:
- Expense title: This is the name of the expense.
- Description: A description of the expense. This field will expand as you write.
- Reimburse to: This is where you can select if the expense is reimbursable and which team member to reimburse If it is not reimbursable, leave the drop down on Not reimbursable. If
- Accounting Code: Accounting codes can be set up to help categorize and track your expenses. Accounting codes are set up in jobber.com from Settings > Expense Tracking.
- Linked job: If the expense corresponds to a job, the job can be linked to track the expense in the Costs section of a job in jobber.com. Users that have "view jobs" permission will be able to select any job from this list.
- Attach receipt: If you have an image or documentation about this expense, it can be uploaded along with the rest of the expense details. Receipts are viewable from jobber.com. Files can be uploaded from your device or taken with your device's camera. Supported file types include:
- .doc and .docx
- .ppt and pptx
- audio files including:
- .aac, .mp3, and .wav
Once all the needed information has been filled out, tap Save to record the expense. You will be shown a summary of the saved information.
Where to view expenses
Once the expense is saved, it is viewable in jobber.com from the Expenses tab on the side navigation. This page contains a list of your most recent expenses which can be filtered by status (if they are reimbursable, or not) and the team member who entered the expense.
Click on an expense to view the expense details. The pop-up is where any edits can be made to the expense. Expenses cannot be edited in the app.
A report of all your expense can be exported from jobber.com from Reports > Expenses report.