There are two types of jobs in Jobber:
- One-Off Jobs - Jobs with one visit, or multiple visits, but without a repeating schedule. (Eg. Spring clean up, move-out clean, HVAC repair). Learn how to set up a one-off job here.
- Recurring Jobs - Jobs with multiple visits that are done periodically, or on a repeating schedule. (Eg. Weekly cleaning, snow removal, monthly lawn mowing). Learn how to set up a recurring job here.
Job List Page
To see a list of your jobs, click 'Jobs' from the menu.
Use the 'Status' drop down to filter jobs by status.
Use the 'Sort' drop down to sort jobs by status, job number, client first or last name.
Use the 'Type' drop down to filter jobs by either one-off or recurring jobs.
Actions on Jobs
You can perform a number of actions on jobs, including:
- Close Job
- Re-open Job
- Generate Invoice
- Download PDF
- Collect Signature
- Send Follow-up Email
To make any changes to the overall job, click Actions > Edit. Here you can change the job's schedule, description, custom fields, job number, and invoice schedule.
To close or cancel a job click Close Job under Actions:
If the job needs to be invoiced, then it will go to 'Requires Invoicing' status, once it has been invoiced it will then go to 'Archived'. If the job does not need to be invoiced then it will go to 'Archived' right after being closed.
If there are incomplete visits on a job when you go to close it, you'll encounter this pop-up:
- Remove Future Visits, Complete Past - Will delete all of the incomplete visits in the future, and complete the visits that were scheduled before today.
- Remove All - Will delete all of the visits, both in the past and in the future, that are incomplete.
- Mark All Complete - Will mark any incomplete visits as complete in the past and the future and will keep the visits on your calendar.
If you need to re-open a job after it has been close to edit it or add more visits, click 'Re-Open Job' under Actions:
To make an invoice for a job, click 'Generate Invoice' under Actions:
Note: You can generate more than one invoice on a job. Creating an invoice does not close the job.
To download a PDF of a job, click on Download PDF under Actions:
The PDF will open in a separate tab in your browser.
To collect a client's signature, click on 'Collect Signature' under the Actions drop down. This will bring up the signature pad that your client can sign:
To email your client a copy of the job PDF with their signature, check the box saying 'Send your Client a Copy?'.
Note: The signed PDF will be saved in the 'Internal Notes' section at the bottom of the job.
Send Follow-Up Email
To manually send a Follow-Up Email to a client, click 'Send Follow-up Email' from Actions.
This will bring up an email prompt box that you can edit before sending to the client.
- To add a recipient or change the email address it is being sent to, click on 'Add Recipient':
- To BCC yourself you can check off 'Send me a copy'.
- To include a feedback survey along with the follow-up email, check off 'Include feedback survey in email'.
- To add attachments to the email from the 'Attachments' section on the right hand side of the pop-up.
The Jobber Glossary
Confused by language we use in Jobber? Definitions right this way.Get Reading!
Sign up for a Webinar
Tutorials for both those new to Jobber and long-time power users.Sign Me Up!
We walk you through our biggest features and point out the essentials.Let’s Watch!