Table of Contents
You and your team can run your day-to-day operations from anywhere with our iOS and Android mobile apps. Available on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
The Jobber app simplifies tracking work in Jobber for users out in the field. On the app, users can access and view their assigned and scheduled visits, tasks, or events. This article covers navigation in the app and what you can find on each of the main tabs along the bottom app menu.
The updated app shown in this article will be rolling out to all users in November. If your apps are set to automatically update, you will get it once the updates are available to your account and your app has been updated to the latest version available at that time.
This article covers functionality that's available with the updated Jobber App. If you are not using the updated app yet, check out Jobber App Basics.
If you are interested in moving you and your team onto the updated app, start a chat and let our support team know!
This article covers how to use the quick create menu, settings in the app, and the icons that appear across the bottom navigation menu in the app. There are icons for:
- Time Sheet
The quick create menu gives you a fast option to go ahead and create new items without navigating through the app. You can access the quick create menu from almost every screen in the app.
To open quick create, tap on the + in the bottom right corner of the Jobber app. You can use quick create to create the following items:
Depending on your user permissions, you only see the option to create items that you have permission to create.
Home in the app keeps you on top of what your team is doing day-to-day so you can see at a quick glance if your day is staying on track (and make adjustments for those times it's not). Whether you're in the office or in the field, you can see what actions need to be taken at each step of the workflow as well as how today's appointments are progressing. Learn more about Home in the Jobber App.
Home in the app is available to admin users.
Along the top navigation bar on home, there is a gear icon for your account settings in the app and a bell icon for activty feed.
Below the top navigation, there is a ring that shows your progress for the day. The ring shows your total number of appointments for the day (appointments are visits + assessments). To the right of the ring, the number active appointments are shown in blue. To the left, the appointments that have yet to be done are shown in white. The ring starts off white at the beginning of the day, but as appointments are completed it turns green.
From the home tab, you can view:
- Requests in these statuses:
- New: these are requests that have been submitted and no action has been taken on them yet–such as scheduling an assessment, converting it to a quote/job, or archiving the request.
- Assessments completed: these are requests where an assessment has been completed, but the request hasn't been converted into a quote/job, or archived if you aren't moving forward with that particular request.
- Quotes in these statuses:
- Changes requested: these are quotes that have been sent to your client, but they have responded back requesting changes. These quotes need to be followed up on to review the changes the client has requested, then (if applicable) make the changes and send back to your client for approval.
- Approved: these are quotes that have been approved either by the client or internally. The next step is to convert these quotes to jobs.
- Jobs in these statuses:
- Require action: these are jobs that are still open, but no longer have any upcoming visits. The action that is required here is to either close the job (if it's done), or schedule more visits (if there is still work to be done).
- Require invoicing: these are jobs that have an active invoice reminder. Creating an invoice for this job will remove it from this status.
- Invoices in these statuses:
- Past due: these invoices have an outstanding balance and their payment due date has passed.
- Awaiting payment: these invoices have outstanding balances but are still within the invoice due date.
Note: Pull down on the home page to update.
Tapping the ring or the text for active, completed, or to go appointments opens a Today's Appointment screen that shows these appointments in more detail. If you tap the text, the appointments are filtered by that appointment type.
Tap the Schedule tab from the menu on the bottom of the app. This is where you will see what is on your calendar for today.
There are four schedule views in the Jobber App:
- A day view where you see one day at a time and items on the schedule are blocked off based on their duration with anytime visits at the top.
- A week view where you see the full week with columns for each day of the week. Schedule items are blocked off based on their duration with anytime visits at the top.
- A list view where schedule items appear as cards in a list. The cards are ordered by time with schedule items at the top of the list and anytime visits below. Active timers show on the list view.
- A 3 day view where you can see 3 days of the schedule at a time. Schedule items are blocked off based on their duration with anytime visits at the top.
These schedule views display your:
- Visits: Visits are each time that you go out to a client's property to do work. Visits show on the schedule in green.
- Tasks: Tasks are things you wouldn't typically bill for. This might include errands or reminders for you and your team. Tasks show on the schedule in blue.
- Events: Events are automatically assigned to your whole team. They are a good fit for team meetings. Events show on the schedule in yellow.
- Requests: On the schedule, these are assessments that have been scheduled as part of a request. These are blocks of time where you might visit a client's property to assess it and put together a quote. Requests show on the schedule in purple.
The view options on the schedule are a tool that you can use to choose how to display your schedule and what information to show. To add or remove options from your schedule, tap the View options icon.
There are three categories of view options:
- Select the day, list, 3 Day, week views of the schedule.
- On the week view, set the toggle to ON to hide weekends and instead show Monday through Friday.
- Team members
- If you have permissions that allow you to use team view, you can see other colleagues' schedules by adding additional team members to the list view or the day view. Select team members to view their schedules side-by-side. Scroll to the right to view all team member's schedules.
From any of the schedule views, tap the Month in the app heading to open a calendar that you can use to view another date. Using the arrows in the top right of the calendar, navigate to another month, then tap the date you'd like to view.
If you've navigated away from the current date, tap Today in the top right of the app to jump back to the current day.
When the app is loaded, the schedule (including visits and tasks) is prefetched for the day when you're in an area with a good internet connection and the data is stored until you're logged out or the app is completely closed. This means that if you move into an area with a poor internet connection, you will have a read-only version of your schedule so that you'll know where you'll be going and what you'll be doing. However since this is read-only, visit timers won't be able to be started or stopped without an internet connection.
The Time Sheet tab in the app is where you can clock in and out for the day and log your time with timers. Timers started and stopped from the app populate the time sheet sections of both the app and Jobber online with time sheet entries.
There are two categories of timers in Jobber—general timers and visit timers. General timers are not tied to a job and are good for tracking time between visits, breaks, or unscheduled time. Visit timers allocate the time logged to the job.
General timers are started and stopped from the Time Sheet tab and visit timers are started and stopped directly from the visit.
The Time Sheet tab from the bottom menu shows an overview of all the time logged for the day. Time sheet entries show with the most recent time sheet entry listed at the top of the list so you can quickly see your recent progress.
Starting at the top of the page, the top navigation bar is where you'll find:
- The Gear icon: Tap this to take you to your app account settings.
- The current month: Tap this to open a date selector so that you can navigate to a different date.
- Note: Time entries can only be added for the current day in the app, but previously logged time can be viewed.
- Today: Tap Today to jump to the current date.
Below the top navigation, there is:
- The date for the time sheet entries.
- The total tracked time for that day.
- The Clock in/Clock out button to start or stop the general timer.
- Note: The general timer can only be started on the current date.
Next, we have our time entries for the day. Each time sheet shows on its own card.
Each card shows:
- The timer start time.
- The time duration. This is the total time between when the timer was stopped and started.
- The time category (if it was a general timer or if the time is associated with a particular job)
- Time sheet notes. Notes can be added while editing the time sheet.
- The timer end time. If a timer's end time was different than the start time of the following timer, it will show below the card. If they were the same, you'll just see the next timer's start time between the cards.
- If a visit timer is running, the time entry will have a Stop timer option on the card so you can end the timer directly from the Time Sheet tab.
- For visit timers started in the app, a link to the visit so you can quickly jump to the visit to view the visit details.
To edit a time sheet or add a time sheet note, start on the Time Sheet tab. On this page you will see all your logged time from today. To edit a time entry or leave a note on it, tap Edit on that time entry.
This opens the Edit time entry screen. From here you can edit:
- The start time
- The end time
The clients tab in the app shows clients that have recently had work done, which comes in handy for those times you know you've recently visited a client but can't quite remember their name or the details.
Beyond just clients, you can also view recently updated requests, quotes, jobs, and invoices. This client list shows to users who have the user permissions to view all clients, or the worker default permission (or higher).
The clients tab is located in the bottom menu in the app beside the quick create icon.
To search your client list in the app, tap Clients from the bottom menu.
The clients tab shows the 100 most recent clients or work items that have been recently updated in Jobber, but other items can be pulled up using the search.
These are the items that can be searched:
- Client name
- Client phone number
- Custom field entry
- Line item
- Quote/job/invoice number
- Subject or description
- Request titles
- Client notes
- Transaction number
To narrow down the list even more, different work items can be tapped from the top of the list to show only that type of item. For example, tapping Quotes would remove requests, jobs, and invoices from the list and only show quotes. The list will show the most recent 100 items of that type, but items beyond the most 100 recent can be pulled up from the search. These tabs for work items only show to users who have permission to view these items.
Note: The search results vary based on what item you've selected to search. For example, property addresses can only be searched when clients are selected.
The status for each item will show as a label in the list of results so you'll know at a glance which items may need some follow up. Work items can also be filtered by status so that you have a list of only items in that particular status. To filter by status, first select the item type from the list, for example quotes. Once the item type is selected, you'll see filter options for statuses for that item. Tap the status for a list of items in that status.
If you are using two-way text messaging (available on select plans), you will see a tab for Messages along the menu bar in the app once you have selected a dedicated phone number from Jobber Online. Learn more about Two-Way Text Messaging in the Jobber App.
Tapping the Messages icon opens the list of ongoing text conversations. Conversations with new messages from your clients will have a red dot next to them to indicate that you need to reply to that conversation. The messages icon will display the number of unread messages with a badge.
To find messages quickly, there is a search bar at the top of the message center. Searching client names or phone numbers, will pull up text messages that match those terms.
In order to carry on a conversation with a client, they must be using a phone number that can receive text messages. New text messages can be started by clicking the compose icon.
If the client you're texting is someone brand new and you don't have a message history yet, type their phone number into the search bar to start a new message with them. Click the Send to button to send a message to that number.
If the client you're texting is someone you've messaged before, you can search their name or number from the search bar to pull up your previous history with them. If you've texted them recently, you can also select their conversation from the message center conversation list rather than using the search.
Tap into each conversation to see the message history. If you would like to send a message back to the client, type it into the message field.
If you've sent the client a link to view an appointment, quote, or invoice there will be a button in the conversation to go to that item in the app.
In the top right corner of the conversation, there is a More Actions (...) icon.
Tap the More Actions (...) icon to view the actions you can take from this conversation. The actions are:
- Mark as unread: If there is a message that you would like to come back to later, it can be marked as unread in the message center so that it still appears as a new message.
- View client: Jump to the profile of the client that this conversation is with. This is where you'll see details like their address and an overview of their work. The client's profile also has a shortcut to call this client (phone icon) if you need to get ahold of them on the phone instead of over text.
If you get a text message from someone who is not a client in your Jobber account yet, their name will appear as "Unknown". Once you add them as a client and either of you messages the other, their name will update to match the client name in Jobber.
When there are new messages, the Jobber app will show a badge that displays the number of new messages.
Note: The app badge and red dot indicating if a message has been read is something that works at the account level. That means that if a user opens a new message, that message will appear as read to all users on the account, even to users who haven't opened the message yet.
To view the settings menu in the Jobber App, tap the Gear Icon in the top left corner. From the settings menu, you will see your company name and logo.
The options from the settings menu are:
- Profile: This is where you can manage your personal user settings in the app, including your name, email address, and mobile phone number. This is also where you will find options to send yourself a password reset link or to permanently close your Jobber account.
- Company details: Admin users can change the company name used in Jobber, the company email address, company phone number, company website URL, and company address. Outside of the app, these settings can be found in Jobber online in your company settings.
- Notifications: Admin users will have options to manage their push notifications including:
- Today's schedule changed
- This includes notifications for new request assessments, tasks, or visits that have been added, removed, deleted, or rescheduled from today's schedule.
- New request
- Notification for when a client submits a new booking request.
- Only admins will receive a push notification.
- Client message
- New text message from a client. These can be viewed in the message center if you are using two-way text messaging.
- Only admins or users with two-way text message permissions will see these notifications.
- Client viewed quote
- When a client has opened a quote in client hub for the first time
- Only admins see this notification.
- Learn more about push notifications.
- Today's schedule changed
- Subscription: If you've decided to move ahead with Jobber at the end of your 14-day free trial, you can subscribe to any of our monthly plans (including the Lite Plan) conveniently right in the Jobber App. Learn more about Subscription in the Jobber App.
- Support: If you need to reach Jobber's Support Team while on the go, a live chat can be started through the app, or you can access our Help Center (that's where you are right now!), or watch videos from Jobber Help Center on YouTube.
- Refer a friend: Send your referral link to a friend. When you refer a friend to Jobber, they get a free month and VIP treatment from our team because you referred them. You help a fellow entrepreneur be more successful–and you get a little something too! Account owners will receive a free month of Jobber for every successful referral. If you are not an account owner (admin users and non-admin users) and you refer Jobber, you will receive a $50 gift card for each successful referral. In both cases, the company that is referred to Jobber will get a free month! Through the app, there are many ways to share your referral code with your connections including email, SMS, Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter. Learn more about Referrals.
- Switch franchise: If you have multiple Jobber accounts set up as a franchise, this is where you can go to switch between your account in the Jobber App. Learn more about Franchising (Adding Another Account).
- Logout: Sign out of the Jobber App and return to the login screen.
Like what you see?
The functionality covered in this article goes over the updated version of the Jobber App. If you are interested in moving you and your team onto the updated app, start a chat and let our support team know!