Creating a Recurring Contract Job
Recurring Jobs are used for:
- Jobs that have multiple visits. Eg. You visit the client every Tuesday
- Jobs where you invoice your client periodically Eg. Once per month or after each visit.
You can make a job from many places in Jobber, including the calendar, from a client’s profile, or from the Dashboard. You can also make a job from a quote. In each area, click the Actions button in the top right, then click Job. You will then be brought to the job creation screen.
To select the client, who the job is for, click the '+' button beside Client Name.
You can then choose an existing client or create a new one.
Job Description and Job Number
You can enter a short Job Description at the top of the job edit page. The job description will not be visible to the client.
You can also change the job number. Job numbers count up from the highest job number currently in your account. If your current highest job number is #123, the next job you make will default to #124.
- To set the schedule for the job, select a Start Date for the job. This is the day the contract begins.
- Select the duration. This is how long the entire job lasts for. For example if you visit the client every 2 weeks for a contract of 1 year, then the duration would be 1 year. The maximum duration is 10 years.
- We recommend setting your duration to one year for optimal visit generation. Don't worry! We'll notify you on your Dashboard 30 days before the job ends. That way you can contact your client to sell them more services, review your pricing, and extend the contract.
- Select start and end times. If no time is selected the visit will be made as an Anytime Visit on the calendar.
- Select the Visit Frequency. This is how often you make visits on this job.
- You can select to visit the client weekly, biweekly, monthly, or to set a custom schedule.
- The Custom Schedule gives you flexibility to schedule weekly, monthly, or annually. You can also select multiple days. Eg. You could use the custom schedule to schedule weekly visits on Mondays and Wednesday. Or you could use it to set monthly visits on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month.
- The “As Needed We Won’t Prompt You” option is for if you don’t want to schedule visits on this job right now. If you select this Jobber will make no visits, and the visits can be made later.
- Assign your team to the visits. If no users are selected, the visits will be unassigned and can be assigned later.
- To invoice the client based on the number of visits, select Visit-Based Billing. For example, this would be used if you charge the client $50 per visit.
- To invoice the client a set price per invoicing period, select Fixed-Price Billing. The invoicing period is determined by what you set the invoicing schedule as (Eg. Monthly, biweekly, etc.). For example, this would be used if you charge the client $150 per month, no matter how many times you visit them.
Use this to set how often you’d like to invoice for the job. Based on this schedule, Jobber will make invoice reminders to remind you to invoice.
- As needed- We Won't Prompt You: Jobber will never ask you to invoice for this job. This is used if you are not invoicing for this job, or if you are invoicing for it in another system.
- After each visit: After a visit is marked complete, an invoice reminder will be created for the job, and Jobber will prompt you to invoice.
- One the contract is completed: When the entire job is closed, an invoice reminder will be created for the job, and Jobber will prompt you to invoice.
- Monthly on the last day of the month: On the last day of the month, an invoice reminder will be created for the job, and this job will go into Requires Invoicing Status.
- Custom schedule: You can select a custom schedule for when the invoice reminders will be generated. Eg. I want to be reminded to invoice for this job on the 14th and the 28th of each month.
Add your Job Forms for this Job here. If you have your forms set to automatically attach you will see them already checked off.
Add your line items for this Job here:
You can also add notes, photos, or attachments for your team to see in the Internal notes & attachments section. Clients cannot see these notes.
Lastly, click Save Job to make this Job.
The Jobber Glossary
Confused by language we use in Jobber? Definitions right this way.Get Reading!
Sign up for a Webinar
Tutorials for both those new to Jobber and long-time power users.Sign Me Up!
We walk you through our biggest features and point out the essentials.Let’s Watch!