Creating a Job in the Jobber App
You and your team can run your day-to-day operations from anywhere with our iOS and Android mobile apps. Learn more.
You can create a job in the Jobber App either through the schedule, the quick create menu, the client's page, or converting a request or quote to a job.
To see your team's schedule click on the team icon at the top left of your schedule and select team members from the list. When you click continue you will see a side-by-side comparison of everybody's day. If you want to schedule a job or task just tap on an opening in their day. Your job or task will be booked for the time you selected with that team member assigned. If you want to get back to your regular view, just de-select your team members in the team selector.
Use the progress indicator on the team selection view and calendar view to get a feel for how much each team member has on their plate—it shows what's completed out of the total amount of work assigned to them that day (ex. 2/7 → 2 completed of 7 assigned). This count will include tasks, jobs, and events assigned to that team member.
To create a job through the day view, tap on an open space in your schedule and then tap Job in the quick create menu. To create a job for another user you can switch users to view their schedule.
Quick create menu
To create a job through the quick create menu, open it by clicking on the + in the bottom right. Then tap Job. On the new job form, select a client, and continue setting up your one-off job.
To create a job through a client's page, go to Clients at the bottom, search for the client and click on their name. If this is a new client, click the green + button to create them in the Jobber App.
On the client's profile, click on the Jobs tab. Then click New Job.
This will take you to the job creation screen, where you are prompted to enter all the information for this job.
Creating the job
You will be asked to select a Client for the job, followed by entering any job instructions. The section for Additional information is where your job custom fields will appear.
When you scroll down, you will be asked to add a schedule next. Today's date is highlighted as a reference, but it's not preselected as the date of the job. Tap on the dates to schedule the job for those days. If you are unsure about when to do this job, check the option for "schedule later". This will create the job, but leave it without visits. Later, when you know when you will be going out to do the work visits can be added.
You can create a recurring job by selecting one date, this will be your start date. Then, from the Repeat dropdown you can select how often the visits will repeat themselves.
Note: There is no custom schedule option for recurring jobs in the app.
Keep scrolling and you can select the user(s) assigned to the job. You (the person creating this job) will be auto-assigned unless you are making this job on another user's schedule using team view, then they will be assigned. You can add team members here to assign them to this job. You can also add or invite a new team member by tapping the plus sign in the team section.
This is also where line items can be added to the job. Click the green "add line item" button to select the products and services that will be needed on this job.
Keep scrolling and at the very end, we have how this job will be invoiced. How the invoicing option appears here will be dependent on how the job's schedule was set up.
For a one-off job (no repeating visits): Chose "once the job is complete" to be prompted to invoice once the final visit for this job is completed, or "don't remind me to invoice" to skip creating an invoice reminder. This option won't prompt you to invoice for the job.
For a recurring job (you picked an option from the repeats dropdown): You will be able to set up a recurring invoicing schedule.
From the When do you want to invoice? drop down, you set up how often the client will be billed:
- Monthly on the last day of the month: This option will create an invoice reminder on the last day of the month. This means on the 30th or 31st (or 28th in February) an invoice reminder will be created and the job will move into requires invoicing status.
- After each visit is completed: Once a visit is marked completed, an invoice reminder will be created to prompt you to invoice and the job will move into requires invoicing status.
- As needed- no reminders: This option won't create an invoice reminders, so you won't be prompted to invoice by Jobber.
- Once the job is closed: Jobs are typically closed once the entire duration of the job has been completed. This option doesn't take visits into consideration, but the actual job being closed. Once you close the job, an invoice reminder will be created to prompt you to invoice and the job will move into requires invoicing status.
For How do you want to invoice? There are two options:
- Per visit invoicing means that you will be charging the client for each visit. The line items that appear on each visit will be populated onto the invoice. This invoicing style works well if you offer different products and services on each visit, or if the client pays based on the number of times you visit them.
- Fixed price invoicing means that you will charge the same amount on each invoice. The line items that appear on the job (not visit) will be pulled onto the invoice. This invoicing style works well if a client pays a flat rate and it doesn't matter how many times you visit them.
And that's it! The job is now set up!
The Jobber Glossary
Confused by language we use in Jobber? Definitions right this way.Get Reading!
Sign up for a Webinar
Tutorials for both those new to Jobber and long-time power users.Sign Me Up!
We walk you through our biggest features and point out the essentials.Let’s Watch!