Table of Contents
Customize and automate notifications to keep your clients in the loop at key points before, during, and after the work.
This feature is available on select plans in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
Using the Jobber mobile app, users can send an 'On My Way' notification to the client based on their scheduled appointment for the day. The message lets your clients know roughly when you will be arriving with a team member selecting how many minutes away you are into an already created message.
Note: Clients will need to have text messages enabled to be able receive these messages.
Sending the message
To send an 'On My Way' message, tap into a visit from the schedule tab in the app. On the visit, tap the speech bubble icon.
The speech bubble icon opens the text message preview. There are options here to send one of two messages:
- An 'On My Way' notification, or a
- 'Late' notification.
These messages will show how many minutes away you are from arrival or if you are late. With the exception of the number of minutes, the text in the 'On My Way' message cannot be edited.
What phone number are the messages sent from?
The phone number that the 'On My Way' messages are sent from varies based on if you have two-way messaging enabled or not. Without using two-way messaging, the text comes from a pool of phone numbers where your client cannot reply directly via text. These messages are not sent via your employee's phone number.
The phone number that is displayed in the text message that your client can call to reach you varies based on your settings:
- If the user who is sending the 'On My Way' text message has a phone number listed under in their profile from the Gear Icon > Manage Team on the desktop, they will have an additional option for Reply Number, where the choices are "company" or "personal".
- If they select "company" the phone number set up in your company settings will be the one that the client is prompted to call.
- If they select "personal" the number that appear in the text will be the number listed for that employee in their personal settings.
- If the user has no phone number set up, the message will include your company branding phone number by default.
Once sent, the client will receive a message that looks similar to the example below:
If a client replies to this text, they will receive an auto-reply telling them to contact your company directly.
Two-way messaging is available on select plans in the United States and Canada.
Two-way messaging gives your client the ability to reply back to automated messages like an 'On My Way' text where you can carry on a conversation. Rather than seeing an error and a prompt to reply back to you directly, you can text back and forth with your client via the message center in Jobber.
With two-way messaging, 'On My Way' messages are sent via your dedicated phone number.