Table of Contents
Quotes allow you to send clients estimates for the price of your services. If a client would like to go forward on the quote, you can convert the quote to a job and schedule it.
You can find quotes and information about them on:
- On the Client (in the client overview box under the quotes tab)
- On the Quotes page. Here you can filter and sort all quotes from your Jobber account from the top of the page. You can also use the search bar to find a specific quote. On the right of this page is an overview of your quotes and their different statuses.
Creating a quote
You can create a new quote from:
- The More Actions button from Home
- The More Actions button on a Client Page
- + New Quote the Quotes page
When you create a new quote, you'll need to select the client and property. You will then be brought to the quote creation screen.
When creating or viewing a quote, there is a progress bar that appears to the right of the quote details to let you know where the quote fits in the workflow. Items that are colored show that the quote has progressed through that phase of the workflow. Items that are grey have yet to be created.
Note: It's possible that your workflow won't include every step. For example, you might choose to go start from a quote rather than from a request and that's ok! Seeing the request icon greyed out doesn't mean you've made a mistake, it just means that there's no request associated with this quote.
At the top, you can:
- Include a Job Description for the quote. This is an internal field that only you will be able to see on the quote. When you convert the quote to a job, this description will transfer over for your records.
- Click Change beside the quote number to change it. By default, new quotes will count upwards from the highest existing quote number in Jobber.
- Choose a rate opportunity to rate the likelihood of winning—or creating a job from this quote
- Fill in or add in a new custom field for all quotes. Learn more about Custom Fields.
In the middle, you can:
- Add line items from your services and products list and choose a quantity, unit price, and total value per line item.
- Add text to your quote. Text is commonly used to:
- Include a description to help your clients choose between optional line items
- Include information such as the scope of work
- Include details about warranties or terms of service
- On the Grow Plan, add an optional line item or an image to your line items. Learn more about Quoting on the Grow Plan
At the bottom, you can:
- Add a Client message for the quote.
- Change the Client view for what will be visible to the client on the PDF of the quote.
- Add a Discount. This will transfer to the invoice that is created from the job that this quote is converted to. Discounts do not appear on jobs.
- Edit the tax rate - making changes to the tax rate on a quote will only affect that one quote and not your full Jobber account. Learn how to create a default tax rate for your account.
- Add a Required Deposit to be collected when your client approves the quote. If you have Jobber Payments enabled, clients can pay this deposit directly from their Client Hub. Learn more about Deposits on Quotes.
Save and update options
When you save a quote for the first time, there are two options:
- Save quote: This saves the quote and takes you out of the edit screen, back to the top of the quote where you can review the changes that you've made. The quote will be saved as a draft.
- Save and...: Clicking this button gives you a list of other actions you can do in addition to saving the quote. These are things that might save you a step or a few clicks. Your options are to:
- Save and Email to Client: The quote is saved and emailed to the client.
- Save and Convert to Job: The quote is saved and then converted into a job. The job will have the same line items and costs as the quote.
- Save and Mark as Awaiting Response: The quote is saved and instead of being a draft, the quote status is changed to 'Awaiting Response'.
Once a quote has already been created, the button changes from Save Quote to Update Quote. The update options are to:
- Update quote: The quote is updated with the changes you have made. You will be taken out of the edit screen and back to the quote to look it over.
- Update and...: The quote is updated and another action is taken.
- Update and Email to Client: The quote is updated and the client is emailed the new quote.
- Update and Convert to Job: The quote is updated and a job is created reflecting the updates.
- Note: this is a new job being created, not an update to an existing job converted from this quote
More actions on quotes
There are a number of actions that can be performed once a quote has been created. These can be found in the More Actions menu in the top right corner of the quote:
Under the More Actions menu, you can select the following:
- Edit: To change information for this quote.
- Convert to Job: To convert this quote into a scheduled job—this will change this quote's status to Converted
- Create Similar Quote: This option copies the line items on the quote and prompts you to select a client to assign this quote to.
- Text Message: This option sends the quote to your client via text message. They will be able to view the quote online to request changes or approve and will also receive a PDF attachment for their records. Before the text message is sent, the text message can be edited.
- Email to Client: By emailing the quote to your client, they will be able to view the quote online to request changes or approve and will also receive a PDF attachment for their records. Before the email is sent, it can be edited.
- Mark as Awaiting Response: If you print the quote to provide to your client, choose this option to change statuses so the quote no longer shows as a draft.
- Mark as Approved: This will change the quote status right to approved, eliminating the need for your client to approve online. This option is perfect for those times where your client agrees verbally with the outlined work.
- Mark as Archived: Change the status of the quote to archived. This option works well when the work will not be moving ahead.
- Preview as Client: View how the quote will look to a client viewing it in client hub.
- Collect Signature: If your client is present and you require a signature to proceed, choose this option.
- Download PDF: To generate a copy of what this PDF will look like when sent out to your client.
- Print: Opens the quote as a PDF to be printed.
Note: You can edit the email and text message templates for quotes and quote approvals, by going to the Gear Icon > Settings > Templates.
If you have a quote in Jobber that doesn't end up getting converted to a job, you can archive it. This will change the quote's status from Sent to Archived. To do this, go to the quote and click More Actions > Archive Quote. This option will only be available if the quote is no longer showing as a Draft.
The quote will be saved and kept on the client's profile and in the Archived section for quotes.
There are 6 statuses a quote can be in:
- Draft: This is a quote that has not been sent to your client yet, and is only visible to you.
- Awaiting response: This is a quote that has been sent to your client and is awaiting approval or a change request.
- Changes Requested: This is a quote that a client is requesting changes on.
- Approved: This is a quote that has been approved by the client, or has been marked as approved manually. Learn more about Quote Approvals
- Converted: A quote that has been converted into a job.
- Archived: A quote that has been archived in the system. These are only visible to you in Jobber, not to your clients in client hub.
A PDF version of the quote can be downloaded from the quote by clicking More Actions > Download PDF. Your client can also download a PDF of the quote in client hub by clicking Download PDF.
When emailing a quote to a client, if you would like to include the quote PDF as an email attachment, in the attachments section of the email preview screen, make sure to check the box to include the PDF as an attachment. By default quote PDFs are not attached to the email and your client will be prompted to view the quote in client hub where they can approve the quote, request changes, and pay deposits.
You can customize certain things about your quote PDF including making custom fields visible to your client and adding a contract/disclaimer. The contract/disclaimer will appear in the bottom left corner of each quote PDF you send out and you can use it to add agreement verbiage or terms and conditions to your quote.
You can find that setting by going to the Gear Icon > Settings > Branding. On this page there is an option for open PDF style. This will open a pop-up that has a tab on the top for Quotes where there is a field for the contract/disclaimer field as well as other settings for your quote PDFs.
To print a blank quote, navigate to the Quotes tab from the side navigation. On the Quotes page, click More Actions > Print Blank Quote to print a quote with your branding and blanks for the client name and address to be filled in manually.
You can view reports on your quotes by going to Reports and selecting either the Quotes created or Quotes converted. In each report you can set the date range at the top, and add columns on the right. Learn more about Reports.
Consumer financing–powered by Wisetack
To make it easy for your clients to afford the work they want and give them the option to pay over time, we’ve partnered with Wisetack so that you can include financing options for your clients on the quotes you send through Jobber. You improve your win rate, and your clients get to afford their dream job.
Learn more about Consumer Financing–Powered by Wisetack.