Creating a One-Off job
One-off jobs are used for:
- Jobs that have a single visit
- Jobs that have multiple visits and the client will be invoiced after the last visit. Eg. The job is four days long, and the client is invoiced after the last visit.
Create a One-Off Job
You can make a job from many areas in Jobber, including the calendar, from a client’s profile, or from the dashboard. You can also make a job from a quote. In each area, click the Actions button in the top right, then click Job.
You will then be brought to the job creation screen.
To select the client, who the job is for, click the '+' button beside Client Name.
You can then choose an existing client or create a new one.
Job Description and Job Number
You can enter a short Job Description at the top of the job edit page. This will show up as the title of the job in the calendar and on the app. The Job Description will not show to the client.
You can also change the job number. Job numbers count up from the highest job number currently in your account. If your current highest job number is #123, the next job you make will default to #124.
- To schedule the visit(s) for your job select a start and end date. If this extends across multiple days, then Jobber will make a visit for each day. If your visit schedule covers multiple days, you can change the Visit Frequency. Eg. You could select custom schedule to make visits only on Mondays to Fridays if you will be visiting the client for multiple weeks, Monday to Friday.
- Select start and end times. If no time is selected the visit will show as an Anytime Visit on the calendar.
- Assign your team to the visits. If no users are selected, the visits will be unassigned and can be assigned later.
- If you do not want to schedule the job now, you can check off ‘Schedule Later’. The job will then have an unscheduled visit. This visit will appear on the calendar as unscheduled.
If you want to invoice for this job, keep the ‘Remind me to Invoicing when I close the job’ checked.
If you do not want to invoice for this job through Jobber, uncheck this. The job will then go Archived when it is marked complete, and not ask to be invoiced.
You can add your line items with pricing for this Job here:
After you are done, click 'Create Job' to finalize it.
The Jobber Glossary
Confused by language we use in Jobber? Definitions right this way.Get Reading!
Sign up for a Webinar
Tutorials for both those new to Jobber and long-time power users.Sign Me Up!
We walk you through our biggest features and point out the essentials.Let’s Watch!