Table of Contents
Keep things running smoothly with your new home. A single place to monitor and act on the most time-sensitive aspects of your business.
Home in the app keeps you on top of what your team is doing day-to-day so you can see at a quick glance if your day is staying on track (and make adjustments for those times it's not). Whether you're in the office or in the field, you can see what actions need to be taken at each step of the workflow as well as how today's appointments are progressing.
Home in the app is available to admin users.
Note: Pull down to refresh Home.
The top part portion of Home shows today's appointments. The progress bar shows your total number of appointments for the day (appointments are visits + assessments). In the progress bar, completed visits are shown in green and active visits are shown in blue. Appointments that have yet to be done show as an empty bar. The progress bar starts off empty at the beginning of the day, but as appointments are completed it turns green. The progress bar represents all appointments for all users on your Jobber account; this varies from the Schedule tab which shows only the appointments that you are assigned to (unless you're using team view).
The daily revenue based off your visits is also shown. The daily revenue is calculated as follows:
- For one-off jobs, the daily revenue is calculated by summing up the line items on the job. If a one-off job has more than one visit or a visit that spans multiple days, the revenue is attributed to the final visit or day of the job and the other visits don't show a dollar value in the revenue tracker.
- For recurring jobs, the daily revenue is based on the billing frequency for the job:
- For visit based billing, the line items for all the visits happening today are summed up.
- For fixed price billing, these jobs are not included in the daily revenue tracker since the revenue for these jobs is not always attributed to individual visits.
Note: Deposits, discounts, or taxes associated are not included in the daily revenue totals. Daily revenue is associated specifically with visits although assessments also show up in the Today's Appointments section.
Under the progress bar there are cards for all the appointments for the day. If a timer is running on a visits, it will be reflected on the card for that visit. These can be swiped to the left to view all upcoming appointments or swipe to the right to see completed appointments The appointment cards are ordered by status.
From left to right, the order of the appointment cards is:
- completed visits; then
- active appointments (ordered by start time); then
- late appointments; then
- to go appointments (with scheduled times); then
- to go appointments (anytime)
When you first open the Jobber App, Home will default to showing the earliest active visit.
If you have no appointments scheduled for the day, instead of appointment cards, you'll be prompted to schedule a job. If you scroll to the end of the appointments for the day, you will also see an option to schedule a job.
Tap View all appointments to open Today's Appointments which can be filtered by status (completed, active, and to go) and are broken down by assigned team member.
Each employee with assigned work for the day appears on this list, with each of their appointments on cards. If there is any work that is happening today that is not assigned to an employee, it will appear in a row at the bottom of the list under Unassigned.
The cards on this page can be scrolled through by swiping left to see all the appointments for the day. Tapping on the card brings you to either the visit details or the request details, depending on the type of appointment.
The cards display:
- If the appointment is completed, active, or still to go.
- Time tracked: when a timer is started on a visit, the logged time appears next to the clock icon.
- Time of the appointment: The appointments scheduled start and end time are displayed. When an appointment does not have a scheduled time (or is anytime) the time is displayed as unscheduled.
- Title of the appointment: for visits, the details that appear in the title follow the visit title formatting that is set up from jobber.com in Settings > Work Settings. For assessments, the assessment title is displayed.
- Client name
- Appointment status:
- Completed means a team member has marked this appointment as complete.
- An appointment is late when the end time of the appointment have passed, but it has yet to be completed.
- Note: an appointment being late does not reflect when a timer was started on the visit.
Request are broken down to highlight two statuses:
- 'New': these are requests that have been submitted and no action has been taken on them yet–such as scheduling an assessment, converting it to a quote/job, or archiving the request.
- Note: For users on the Grow plan, if the requests have been submitted by a lead rather than by existing clients, you will see how many of the new requests came from leads.
- 'Assessments completed': these are requests where an assessment has been completed, but the request hasn't been converted into a quote/job, or archived if you aren't moving forward with that particular request.
These two particular statuses are highlighted so that necessary actions can be taken on the requests in these statuses to move them along to the next step of your workflow. Tapping on each of these statuses will expand that section to highlight the requests that are in each status. Tapping on a request takes you to that item in the app.
Note: For requests as well as the rest of the work items, only nine items are displayed in each category. However if you have more than nine items, you will still see a number to tell you how many new requests have been submitted.
Quotes are broken down to show off two statuses:
- 'Changes requested': these are quotes that have been sent to your client, but they have responded back requesting changes. These quotes need to be followed up on to review the changes the client has requested, then (if applicable) make the changes and send back to your client for approval.
- 'Approved': these are quotes that have been approved either by the client or internally. The next step is to convert these quotes to jobs.
'Changes requested' and 'approved' are the statuses shown here since both require your attention in order to move the quote to the next step of the workflow, which is a job. Tapping on each of these statuses will expand that section to highlight the particular quotes in each status. Tapping on a quote will take you to the quote in the app.
The two job statuses that appear here are:
- 'Require action': these are jobs that are still open, but no longer have any upcoming visits. The action that is required here is to either close the job (if it's done), or schedule more visits (if there is still work to be done).
- 'Require invoicing': these are jobs that have an active invoice reminder. Creating an invoice for this job will remove it from this status.
'Changes requested' and 'approved' are the statuses shown here since both require your attention in order to move the quote to the next step of the workflow, which is a job. Tapping on each of these statuses will expand that section to highlight the particular quotes in each status. Tapping on a job will take you to that job in the app.
The two invoice statuses shown here are invoices that are:
- 'Past due': these invoices have an outstanding balance and their payment due date has passed.
- 'Awaiting payment': these invoices have outstanding balances, but are still within the invoice due date.
The 'Past due' and 'awaiting payment' sections can each be expanded to view the invoices that fall into each status. Tapping on each invoice will take you to it in the app, where you can take actions on it like recording a payment or resending it to the client.
Tapping the Gear Icon opens the Settings menu in the app. This is where you can view:
- Profile: This is where you can manage your personal user settings in the app, including your name, email address, and mobile phone number. This is also where you will find options to send yourself a password reset link or to permanently close your Jobber account.
- Company details: Admin users can change the company name used in Jobber, the company email address, company phone number, company website URL, and company address. Outside of the app, these settings can be found in jobber.com in your company settings.
- Notifications: Admin users will have options to manage their push notifications including:
- Today's schedule changed
- This includes notifications for new request assessments, tasks, or visits that have been added, removed, deleted, or rescheduled from today's schedule.
- New request
- Notification for when a client submits a new booking request.
- Only admins will receive a push notification.
- Client message
- New text message from a client. These can be viewed in the message center if you are using two-way text messaging.
- Only admins or users with two-way text message permissions will see these notifications.
- Client viewed quote
- When a client has opened a quote in client hub for the first time
- Only admins see this notification.
- Learn more about push notifications.
- Today's schedule changed
- Subscription: If you've decided to move ahead with Jobber at the end of your 14-day free trial, you can subscribe to any of our monthly plans (including the Lite Plan) conveniently right in the Jobber App. Learn more about Subscription in the Jobber App.
- Support: If you need to reach Jobber's Support Team while on the go, a live chat can be started through the app, or you can access our Help Center (that's where you are right now!), or watch videos from Jobber Help Center on YouTube.
- Refer a friend: Send your referral link to a friend. When you refer a friend to Jobber, they get a free month and VIP treatment from our team because you referred them. You help a fellow entrepreneur be more successful–and you get a little something too! Account owners will receive a free month of Jobber for every successful referral. If you are not an account owner (admin users and non-admin users) and you refer Jobber, you will receive a $50 gift card for each successful referral. In both cases, the company that is referred to Jobber will get a free month! Through the app, there are many ways to share your referral code with your connections including email, SMS, Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter. Learn more about Referrals.
- Switch franchise: If you have multiple Jobber accounts set up as a franchise, this is where you can go to switch between your account in the Jobber App. Learn more about Franchising (Adding Another Account).
- Logout: Sign out of the Jobber App and return to the login screen.
Activity feed is available on select plans. View our current pricing plans.
To check what plan you're on, navigate to the Gear Icon > Account and Billing. If you have any questions about your plan's features or pricing, our support team is here to help!
From the Home tab, tap the Bell Icon in the top right to open activity feed. Activity feed shows what your team members have been up to both in the field and office. Having this in the app gives you oversight into your team's activities while you're on the go.
Notifications in activity feed are triggered by the following actions:
- Users: Users clocking in and out.
- Clients: When clients are created, deleted, archived, and unarchived as well as when CSV imports are started and completed.
- Requests: When requests are created, converted, and deleted.
- Quotes: When quotes are created, sent, changes are requested, converted, and deleted.
- Jobs: When jobs are created and deleted as well as when visits are completed.
- Invoices: When invoices are created, sent, and deleted.
- Payments: When payments are created.
- Notes: When notes are created and deleted.
- If an image attachment is added to the note a preview also appears in activity feed. The supported file types for the preview are .jpg, .png, and .tif.
- Cards: When a client saves a card on file.
Tapping on the items in activity feed that have been created or sent will bring you to that item to view it. If an item has been deleted, it will appear greyed out in activity feel and won't be tappable since the item no longer exists.
Note: Activity feed in the app follows the same filter customization that is set up in jobber.com. This means if you have certain items filtered out of the activity feed online, they also won't appear in the app. To update the filters, log into getjobber.com > Bell Icon > Customize Feed.