Table of Contents
Keep things running smoothly with your new home. A single place to monitor and act on the most time-sensitive aspects of your business.
Home in the app keeps you on top of what your team is doing day-to-day so you can see at a quick glance if your day is staying on track (and make adjustments for those times it's not). Whether you're in the office or in the field, you can see what actions need to be taken at each step of the workflow as well as how today's appointments are progressing.
Home in the app is available to admin users.
Note: You can pull down on the home page to refresh the screen.
The top part portion of Home shows today's appointments. The ring shows your total number of appointments for the day (appointments are visits + assessments). To the right of the ring, the number active appointments are shown in blue. To the left, the appointments that have yet to be done are shown in white. The ring starts off white at the beginning of the day, but as appointments are completed it turns green.
Each category of appointments also shows the expected daily revenue from those appointments. The daily revenue is calculated as follows:
- For one-off jobs, the daily revenue is calculated by summing up the line items on the job. If a one-off job has more than one visit or a visit that spans multiple days, the revenue is attributed to the final visit or day of the job and the other visits don't show a dollar value in the revenue tracker.
- For recurring jobs, the daily revenue is based on the billing frequency for the job:
- For visit based billing, the line items for all the visits happening today are summed up.
- For fixed price billing, these jobs are not included in the daily revenue tracker since the revenue for these jobs is not always attributed to individual visits.
Note: Deposits, discounts, or taxes associated are not included in the daily revenue totals. Daily revenue is associated specifically with visits, although assessments and tasks show up in the Today's Appointments section too.
Tapping the ring or the text for active, completed, or to go appointments opens a Today's Appointment screen that shows these appointments in more detail. If you tap the text, the appointments are filtered by that appointment type.
There are three navigations buttons at the top of the Today's Appointments page to show what work is completed, active, or still to go. These buttons can be used to narrow down the appointments that are showing.
Each employee with assigned work for the day appears on this list, with each of their appointments on cards. If there is any work that is happening today that is not assigned to an employee, it will appear in a row at the bottom of the list under Unassigned.
The cards on this page can be scrolled through by swiping left to see all the appointments for the day. Tapping on the card brings you to either the visit details or the request details, depending on the type of appointment.
The cards display:
- If the appointment is completed, active, or still to go.
- Time tracked: when a timer is started on a visit, the logged time appears next to the clock icon.
- Time of the appointment: The appointments scheduled start and end time are displayed. When an appointment does not have a scheduled time (or is anytime) the time is displayed as unscheduled.
- Title of the appointment: for visits, the details that appear in the title follow the visit title formatting that is set up from Jobber online in Settings > Work Settings. For assessments, the assessment title is displayed.
- Client name
- Appointment status:
- Completed means a team member has marked this appointment as complete.
- An appointment is late when the end time of the appointment have passed, but it has yet to be completed.
- Note: an appointment being late does not reflect when a timer was started on the visit.
Request are broken down to highlight two statuses:
- 'New': these are requests that have been submitted and no action has been taken on them yet–such as scheduling an assessment, converting it to a quote/job, or archiving the request.
- Note: For users on the Grow plan, if the requests have been submitted by a lead rather than by existing clients, you will see how many of the new requests came from leads.
- 'Assessments completed': these are requests where an assessment has been completed, but the request hasn't been converted into a quote/job, or archived if you aren't moving forward with that particular request.
These two particular statuses are highlighted so that necessary actions can be taken on the requests in these statuses to move them along to the next step of your workflow. Tapping on each of these statuses will expand that section to highlight the requests that are in each status. Tapping on a request takes you to that item in the app.
Note: For requests as well as the rest of the work items, only nine items are displayed in each category. However if you have more than nine items, you will still see a number to tell you how many new requests have been submitted.
Quotes are broken down to show off two statuses:
- 'Changes requested': these are quotes that have been sent to your client, but they have responded back requesting changes. These quotes need to be followed up on to review the changes the client has requested, then (if applicable) make the changes and send back to your client for approval.
- 'Approved': these are quotes that have been approved either by the client or internally. The next step is to convert these quotes to jobs.
'Changes requested' and 'approved' are the statuses shown here since both require your attention in order to move the quote to the next step of the workflow, which is a job. Tapping on each of these statuses will expand that section to highlight the particular quotes in each status. Tapping on a quote will take you to the quote in the app.
The two job statuses that appear here are:
- 'Require action': these are jobs that are still open, but no longer have any upcoming visits. The action that is required here is to either close the job (if it's done), or schedule more visits (if there is still work to be done).
- 'Require invoicing': these are jobs that have an active invoice reminder. Creating an invoice for this job will remove it from this status.
'Changes requested' and 'approved' are the statuses shown here since both require your attention in order to move the quote to the next step of the workflow, which is a job. Tapping on each of these statuses will expand that section to highlight the particular quotes in each status. Tapping on a job will take you to that job in the app.
The two invoice statuses shown here are invoices that are:
- 'Past due': these invoices have an outstanding balance and their payment due date has passed.
- 'Awaiting payment': these invoices have outstanding balances, but are still within the invoice due date.
The 'Past due' and 'awaiting payment' sections can each be expanded to view the invoices that fall into each status. Tapping on each invoice will take you to it in the app, where you can take actions on it like recording a payment or resending it to the client.
Tapping the Gear Icon opens the Account page in the app. This is where you can view:
- Your user information: this is your profile picture, name, and email address.
- Account: if you use Jobber for more than one company, there is a drop down that allows you to switch between the accounts you belong to as well as their contact details like phone number or address. If you ever need to reach out to them in the field, this can be useful to have handy.
- Contact Support: if you have a support question while on the go, reach out to our Success Team either by phone or by starting a live chat.
- Refer a friend: did you know that you can get a free month of Jobber for both you and a friend by referring them to Jobber? Tap the arrow for quick ways to share your referral code.
From the Home tab, tap the Bell Icon in the top right to open activity feed. Activity feed shows what your team members have been up to both in the field and office. Having this in the app gives you oversight into your team's activities while you're on the go.
Notifications in activity feed are triggered by the following actions:
- Users: Users clocking in and out.
- Clients: When clients are created, deleted, archived, and unarchived as well as when CSV imports are started and completed.
- Requests: When requests are created, converted, and deleted.
- Quotes: When quotes are created, sent, changes are requested, converted, and deleted.
- Jobs: When jobs are created and deleted as well as when visits are completed.
- Invoices: When invoices are created, sent, and deleted.
- Payments: When payments are created.
- Notes: When notes are created and deleted.
- If an image attachment is added to the note a preview also appears in activity feed. The supported file types for the preview are .jpg, .png, and .tif.
- Cards: When a client saves a card on file.
Tapping on the items in activity feed that have been created or sent will bring you to that item to view it. If an item has been deleted, it will appear greyed out in activity feel and won't be tappable since the item no longer exists.
Note: Activity feed in the app follows the same filter customization that is set up in Jobber Online. This means if you have certain items filtered out of the activity feed online, they also won't appear in the app. To update the filters, log into getjobber.com > Bell Icon > Customize Feed.