Table of Contents
Have you sold your business or does your Jobber account have a new owner? If so, there are a few things you'll want to take care of in order to transition your Jobber account over to the new owner and make sure all the relevant information is updated.
The three main things to update are:
- Transfer account ownership to a new owner
- Update your card on file in Account & Billing
- Update your Jobber Payments information
As you transfer over your business to the new owner, think of this article as a checklist to make sure that you've dotted all the i's and crossed the t's.
Note: If you have Two-Step Verification set up for your account, keep your phone nearby since you may need to verify your account as an extra security measure while changing some of this information over.
Transfer account ownership
An account owner is an admin user who owns the rights to a Jobber account and all associated information. There can only be one account owner per account and they are typically the business owner.
If there is a new account owner, you will need to transfer account ownership over to them. This is something that only the current account owner has the ability to do.
- If the new account owner hasn't been added as a user yet, add them from the Gear Icon > Manage Team. On this page, click Add New User.
- Enter the new user's details. In the permissions section, check the box for Make Administrator. In order to be the account owner, this user will first need to be an admin.
- Click Save User.
- Now that a new admin user has been created, there is an option to make them the account owner. Under the Make Administrator permission, click Make Their Name the Account Owner.
- The new account owner will receive an email prompting them to accept the account owner role. To officially become the new account owner, they will have to click the Accept Account Ownership button in the email.
Update your card on file in Account & Billing
Next, you'll want to make sure the card that is being billed for the Jobber subscription belongs to the correct person. It's important to change the card on file in a timely manner to prevent the old account or business owner from disputing subscription charges on their card after the account has been transitioned over to a new owner.
- To update the card, navigate to the Gear Icon > Account & Billing.
- From the billing details section of the page click Edit > Billing Details.
- Enter the new card information and email address. The email address is where we'll send your Jobber subscription invoices. Click Save.
You might also want to change the billing cycle for your Jobber subscription. If you are currently being billed monthly, you can move your account to annual billing instead. When you pay annually, you also get a discount since you're paying upfront. To move to annual billing, from the Billing Details section, click Edit > Billing Cycle. Choose the payment option for one year, and click Update Subscription. When you update, you will receive a credit for the remainder of your monthly billing cycle towards your new annual subscription which starts today.
If your account is already billed annually and you'd like to be billed monthly instead, reach out to our Success Team to make this change. You can start a live chat with the Success Team by clicking the green chat bubble in the bottom right corner of this page.
Learn more about How to Add or Change Your Billing Information.
Update your Jobber Payments
If you are using Jobber Payments to accept credit and debit cards, you will need to make some changes to your Jobber Payments account to make sure the funds are deposited to the correct bank account and to make sure your information is correct for when tax season comes around. The account owner will need to be the one to make changes to the bank account associated with Jobber Payments.
- Navigate to the Gear Icon > Settings > Jobber Payments.
- From the right side of the page, there is a section that shows the bank details for both standard payouts and instant payouts. To update your bank information for standard payouts, click Change Bank Account. To update your debit card used for instant payouts, click Link a Debit Card.
If you need to change other details associated with your Jobber Payments account such as:
- if your business is set up as a sole proprietor or company
- company name
- company website
- EIN or business number
- legal representative
Then let our Success Team know! We will need to make these adjustments to your Jobber Payments account on the backend, which can typically be done in 2-3 business days. You can start a live chat with the Success Team by clicking the green chat bubble in the bottom right corner of this page.
Learn more about Jobber Payments Management and Settings.
Depending on the next steps for the new owner and the direction they want to take the business, they may wish to update other details on the account such as the branding or company settings. Although this is an existing Jobber account and business, our First Steps guide covers the basics of getting everything set up just the way you want it.