Table of Contents
Get paid on average 4x faster than checks when your clients pay with debit or credit. Securely save cards on file for future payments with Jobber Payments. Start taking payments.
Jobber Payments is our fully integrated payment processing platform that lets you manage client card information, payments, and deposits in Jobber.
Jobber Payments offers:
- A convenient payments option for your clients to make online payments through client hub
- The ability for both you and your clients to securely save credit cards on file. You can charge these as needed or set them up to bill automatically on a recurring basis
- Quote deposits can be paid internally by the client's saved card or by the client making a payment online
- Reports on transactions processed through Jobber Payments and payouts to your bank
- Refund processing directly within Jobber
- A card reader to collect payments in person that is compatible with Apple Pay and Google Pay
- Dedicated support during the event of a disputed payment
Jobber Payments can process all major debit and credit cards. That means as long as it has a Visa, Mastercard, AmEx, or Discover logo on it you can accept the card. When paying through client hub, clients can also choose to pay their invoice with Apple Pay or Google Pay. With Jobber Payments the minimum payment is $0.50.
Jobber Payments is available in the UK, US, and Canada.
Manage Jobber Payments
Once Jobber Payments has been set up, you can manage your account by going to the Gear Icon > Settings > Jobber Payments. Only admins and account owners can access this page, and only account owners can update bank account information.
If you haven't set Jobber Payments up yet, learn How to set up Jobber Payments.
Your Jobber Payments rate
At the top of this page, the rate you are paying for Jobber Payments is displayed. Your rate is determined by the Jobber subscription plan you are on. The icons display what your rate is for frequently used cards such as Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, as well as if you were to use a card reader.
Jobber Payments settings
There are five main settings you can enable:
- Payment notification will send a payment notification email to all of the admin users in the account, these are triggered when a quote deposit or an invoice is paid by one of your clients.
- Automatically send email receipt will send your clients a confirmation email when a quote deposit or payment is successfully processed.
- Pay quote deposits will give clients the option to pay a quote deposit online through client hub. When this setting is turned OFF, there is no online payment option for quotes in client hub.
- Mandatory card on file for quote deposits automatically saves a card on file for future use when your client pays a quote deposit.
- Pay invoices gives the option for clients to pay invoices online through client hub. When this setting is turned OFF, there is no online payment option for invoice in client hub.
The bank details section is along the right side of the settings page. This is where you can view the connected bank account. There are also options to view your Jobber Payments payouts and transactions reports.
Note: Only account owners can update bank details.
The option to leave a tip can be turned on or off by going to the Gear Icon > Settings > Jobber Payments and toggling the setting for Allow clients to leave a tip to ON. Tips are a global setting so when enabled it applies to all clients and will be an option on any invoices awaiting payment.
After signing up for Jobber Payments, tip collection is defaulted ON for these industries:
- Residential cleaning
- Pool and spa service
- Window washing
- Pressure washing
- Lawn care & lawn maintenance
- Junk removal
If your industry isn't listed here, tipping can still be turned on! Just toggle Allow clients to leave a tip to ON. When tips are turned on, your clients will see a prompt in client hub to leave a tip when paying their invoices.
Learn more about Tip Collection with Jobber Payments
The Jobber card reader allows you to quickly, easily, and securely take cards in person using the mobile app. Since this is a card-present transaction, we are able to lower fees for the transactions you process through Jobber Payments. The card reader accepts credit cards (swipe, tap, and chip), Apple Pay, and Google Pay.
To purchase a card reader, select Buy Card Reader located in the Card Readers section of the Jobber Payments settings page.
A dispute occurs when a cardholder questions the validity of a charge on their statement. This can either be an inquiry to learn more about the charge or a chargeback where the client is questioning the validity of the charge.
Click View Disputes to open your disputes dashboard. The disputes dashboard is where you can see an itemized overview of all your disputes including:
- Status (including the date a response is needed by)
- Date the transaction was disputed by the client
- Client name
- Invoice or quote associated with the disputed charge
- Amount ($)
- Reason for the dispute
- Type (chargeback or inquiry)
If a client has disputed a payment, the disputes dashboard is where you will see the details of the dispute and if you decide to counter the dispute, where you will submit evidence.
Disable Jobber Payments
If you would like to disable Jobber Payments, click the text for Disable Jobber Payments at the bottom of the Jobber Payments settings page. Disabling Jobber Payments will remove the option for your clients to pay online on any outstanding or new invoices.