The Day View schedule view shows the schedule for a single day on a grid separated by the assigned user. Scrolling sideways on the grid shows additional hours throughout the day.
Unassigned items will appear in a drawer on the right side of the grid, starting with items scheduled for the current date at a particular time, and then for anytime. Afterward, any unscheduled and unassigned items will be listed. This drawer can be expanded or hidden so you can view more of the grid at one time.
Assigned visits are in the user's row. If the visit is scheduled at a time it will show in the grid under that time. If it is not assigned a time, or if it is unscheduled, it will appear in the any time section next to the user's name. Click the anytime column for each user to view what items are assigned to that user.
The following items can be found on the schedule grid shown with their designated colors. Calendar colors set up per employee won't appear since the grid already has employees separated out.
- Visits: show up in green. These are visits associated with jobs for clients. They can be assigned to users and marked complete.
- Tasks: show up in blue. Tasks can be assigned to users and marked completed. They are not used for invoicing, so are great for in-house tasks.
- Reminders: show up in red. These are used for invoice reminders or reminders to follow up on a quote.
- Requests: show up in indigo. These are Work Requests that have an on-site assessment scheduled. They can be assigned, so requests work well when you need to schedule someone to go out to a property to make a quote.
Note: Events don't appear on the grid. Since events are automatically assigned to every user by default, they don't show on the gird to avoid cluttering the schedule.
In the top right of the grid beside the buttons for Filter and More Actions, there is a button that displays the name of the current schedule view you are looking at, so if you are viewing it from the day view, it will say Day. This button is for navigating between different schedule views. Click it to jump to a different schedule view, such as the month, week, map, or list view.
In the top left of the schedule, there is a Today button as well as the schedule date that you are viewing. To view a different day, click the date. This will open a date picker where you can select a new date to view on the day view.
To jump back to the current date's day view, click Today.
Filters and more actions
Items can be hidden from the schedule by using the filers. From the Filters button in the top right of your grid, click on items to deselect them from appearing on the schedule. Deselected items will appear greyed out.
Note: Calendar Colors do not show on the day view of the schedule
You can filter by:
- Assigned to: Filter by the user that items are assigned to.
- Types: Filter by types of schedule items such as tasks, visits, reminders, events, and requests. The daily visit count shows the number of visits you have on each day.
- Status: Filter by the status of the item on the schedule. Some schedule views show different statuses including unassigned, unscheduled, and without a property.
When filters are turned on, the Filters button will show Filters ON. To clear filters and reveal all the items on your schedule, click Filters > Clear Filters.
The actions from the day view of the schedule are:
- Create a new job by clicking Job
- Create a new request by clicking Request
- Create a new task by clicking Task
- Create multiple visits for multiple clients at once using the new visits tool, by clicking Visits
- Move all visits from one day to another by clicking Move Visits
- View and download day sheets by clicking Day Sheets
Assigning a visit
To assign a task to a user, expand the unassigned drawer and select a visit. Drag it into the grid at the time you want it on user's row. To extend or shorten the task, click and drag the edge of the task. If the task doesn't have a time, you can drag it into the user's anytime bucket.
Editing an item
To make any edits to an item, click it from the grid. The client name and associated work info (job number, request date) is shown as a hyperlink in the Details box where clicking on the client name or job number will bring you to those specific pages. Click Edit or View Details at the bottom of the pop-up for more options. You will need to edit the task to be able to delete it.