Table of Contents
What is Jobber Payments?
Fast, simple, convenient payments with no hidden fees.
Jobber Payments is our fully integrated payment processing platform. It allows you to accept credit card transactions in person with our app or card reader as well as payment options for clients to pay online or for cards to be saved and charged. Having Jobber Payments enabled also gives you access to automatic payments. Studies have shown that having an option for your clients to pay online means that you can get paid up to 10x faster than with a check.
Jobber Payments offers:
- A convenient payments option for your clients to make online payments through client hub
- The ability for both you and your clients to securely save credit cards on file. You can charge these as needed or set them up to bill automatically on a recurring basis
- Quote deposits can be paid internally by the client's saved card or by the client making a payment online
- Reports on transactions processed through Jobber Payments and payouts to your bank
- Refund processing directly within Jobber
- A card reader to collect payments in person that is compatible with Apple Pay and Google Pay
- Dedicated support during the event of a disputed payment
- A tipping option for your clients
Jobber Payments can process all major debit and credit cards. That means as long as it has a Visa, Mastercard, Amex, or Discover logo on it you can accept the card. When making a payment through client hub, clients can also choose to pay their invoice with Apple Pay or Google Pay. With Jobber Payments, you can process a minimum payment of $0.50 up to a maximum payment of $999,999.99 in a single transaction.
Jobber Payments is available in the UK, US, and Canada. This article goes over setting up Jobber Payments in North America. To learn more about Jobber Payments in the UK, check out Setting up Jobber Payments in the UK.
To set up Jobber Payments go to the Gear Icon > Settings > Jobber Payments.
There are two steps to setting up Jobber Payments:
- Verify business details
- Set up the bank account where you will receive your deposits
Note: Only account owners can fill out the business details and bank account.
Verify business details
Click the Get Started button to begin the sign-up process. This will open a secure form hosted by Stripe, which is the platform Jobber Payments are processed through. Filling out this form should take under 15 minutes, but if you navigate away you can come back later if you don't finish.
The verification process includes collecting information about both your business as well as a representative for your business. The form asks for your legal business name, SSN (or SIN for Canadians), your EIN (or BN for Canadians), and a photo of your ID so make sure to have that information handy. This information is required as part of Know Your Customer regulations which apply in both the United States and Canada, but the required information varies slightly by country.
You will be asked if your business is a sole proprietorship or a corporation. If you have an EIN (or BN in Canada) select the corporation option. If you do not have an EIN (or BN in Canada), select sole proprietorship. This is the information required for each business type:
- Sole proprietors
- We require the full 9 digit SSN of the representative associated with your Jobber Payments account. We will attempt to derive the full 9 digits from the last 4 digits provided and will only prompt for the full 9 if we are unsuccessful.
- Representatives and beneficial owners of US companies must provide a full SSN/ITIN or an identity document such as a passport, national ID, or resident permit.
Connect your bank account
You’ll be able to start charging cards without entering a bank account, however to receive the funds you will need to connect a bank account so we know where to deposit the transactions you've processed.
Note: if you don’t connect a bank account for Jobber Payments within 90 days of signing up for Jobber Payments, the funds will automatically get refunded to the your client.
We connect directly to your bank account through a company called Plaid. When you click the option to Connect, you will be prompted to authorize Plaid to link to your bank.
You will then need to pick your bank from the list and enter your online banking credentials.
Tip: We suggest connecting your bank account using this method instead of doing it manually. Connecting through your online banking makes sure that your bank details are correctly entered.
Manually connect your bank account
If you don't have online banking or would rather manually connect your bank account, there is an option for that too! Choose the option to Connect Manually.
You will be prompted to enter your full name, transit number, and account number.
- Your routing number is normally the first 9 digits on a check from your bank.
- Your account number is normally the second set of numbers (usually 10-12 digits) on a check from your bank.
Note: If you are connecting your bank account manually, it is possible in the future we will need to verify your bank account. In that situation, we will ask you for a void check to verify your bank details.
Jobber Payments settings
Once your business details are entered and your bank account is connected, you will see your Jobber Payments settings. This is where you can view the bank details including your Jobber Payments transactions and transfers reports.