Table of Contents
The Schedule tab of the Jobber App is where you can see your upcoming appointments so that you know where you'll be going and what you'll be doing both today and in the future.
The updated app shown in this article will be rolling out to all users in October. If your apps are set to automatically update, you will get it once the updates are available to your account and your app has been updated to the latest version available at that time.
This article covers functionality that's available with the updated Jobber App. If you are not using the updated app yet, check out Jobber App Basics to learn more about the schedule.
If you are interested in moving you and your team onto the updated app, start a chat and let our support team know!
There are three schedule views in the Jobber App:
- A day view where you see one day at a time and items on the schedule are blocked off based on their duration with anytime visits at the top.
- A week view where you see the full week with columns for each day of the week. Schedule items are blocked off based on their duration with anytime visits at the top.
- A list view where schedule items appear as cards in a list. The cards are ordered by time with schedule items at the top of the list and anytime visits below.
These schedule views display your:
- Visits: Visits are each time that you go out to a client's property to do work. When visits are completed, they appear crossed out on the schedule.
- Tasks: Tasks are things you wouldn't typically bill for. This might include errands or reminders for you and your team. When tasks are completed, they appear crossed out on the schedule.
- Events: Events are automatically assigned to your whole team. They are a good fit for team meetings.
- Requests: On the schedule, these are assessments that have been scheduled as part of a request. These are blocks of time where you might visit a client's property to assess it and put together a quote. When assessments are completed, they appear crossed out on the schedule.
Using the schedule view options, select the schedule view that works best to visualize your schedule as well as the schedule of other team members.
Using the schedule
Items on the schedule are color-coded so that you know at a quick glance what the item is:
- Green: Visits for a job
- Blue: Tasks
- Yellow: Events
- Purple: Requests
Note: Reminders do not appear in the app.
Tapping each item from the schedule opens the details for that item.
There is a counter for each user everyday that shows their progress in completing their events for the day.
Note: Calendar events cannot be completed in the Jobber App.
To quickly create a new job, request, or task tap a blank spot on the schedule at the time you wish to schedule the new appointment. From the bottom menu, select New request, New job, or Add task.
If you have additional team members' schedules set up and you tap a blank spot on their schedule, that team member will be automatically assigned to the newly created item.
Navigate between dates
From any of the schedule views, tap the Month in the app heading to open a calendar that you can use to view another date. Using the arrows in the top right of the calendar, navigate to another month, then tap the date you'd like to view.
If you've navigated away from the current date, tap the Calendar icon in the top left of the app to jump back to the current day.
There is also a mini preview of the days of the week with dates at the top of the schedule. Today's date will be highlighted, but you can jump between dates by tapping on the dates.
The view options on the schedule are a tool that you can use to choose how to display your schedule and what information to show. To add or remove options from your schedule, tap the View options icon.
There are three categories of schedule options:
- Select between the Day, List, Week views of the schedule.
- On the week view, set the toggle to ON to hide weekends and instead show Monday through Friday.
- Team members
- Select team members to view their schedules side-by-side. Scroll to the right to view all team member's schedules.
There are three schedule views:
- Day view
- List view
- Week view
To switch between views, tap the View options Icon, then select Day, List, or Week.
The day and list views show your own schedule but can be set up to have the schedules for additional team members added in for a team view. To view more team member schedules, tap the View options Icon, then check off each team member to add their schedule, then Apply. From the schedule tab, scroll to the right to view the added team member's schedules.
Each schedule view shows the team member's name so you can tell whose schedule you're looking at as well as a counter to see at a quick glance how many of that person's events are completed for the day.
The day view is a good way to visualize your day and understand the length of each appointment. The day view will show your visits, tasks, and events laid out in a calendar format with times along the left side of the app.
Anytime appointments appear at the top of the schedule, with scheduled items appearing at the time they are scheduled for. The order the anytime appointments appear follows the routing order set from Jobber online. Learn more about How to Route.
The week view shows a week worth of your schedule so that you can anticipate what's upcoming in the days ahead. If you do not work weekends, you may wish to use the Hide weekends option to only show days of the week. Tap the View options Icon, then toggle Hide weekends to ON.
The list schedule is a good view for visualizing your day as a to-do list. This schedule view shows all your appointments for the day as cards. Appointments with a scheduled time are listed first, followed by anytime visits. The order the anytime appointments appear follows the routing order set from Jobber online. Learn more about How to Route.
Visits appear on the schedule in green and are each time that you go out to a client's property to do work. Tap a visit from the schedule to open the visit details.
From the top of the visit, there are options to:
- back arrow: navigate back to the schedule
- phone icon: call this client's (their primary phone number will be used)
- text message icon: send an on my way text message or on select plans, send a text message.
- visit icon: this icon indicates what type of schedule item this is:
- Green truck (icon): Visit
- Blue clipboard (icon): Task
- Yellow calendar (icon): Event
- Indigo inbox (icon): Request
- Job status
- Job title
- Property address: this is where this visit takes place. Tap the address to copy the address or open the property in Apple Maps, Google Maps, or Waze.
- Schedule start date
- Actions on this visit
- Start Timer: this button starts a visit timer. This time will be visible from the Time Sheet tab.
- Complete Visit: this action completes the visit. If you have set this job to invoice per visit, you may be prompted to invoice.
- ... : These are additional actions on this visit:
- Get directions: This opens the scheduling app of your choice with direction to the property address.
- Schedule new visit: This opens the New visit screen where an additional visit for this job can be added.
- Delete visit: Remove this visit. This option deletes only the visit, not the job.
- Directions icon: Tap to open directions to the property address in Apple Maps, Google Maps, or Waze.
Each of these numbers corresponds to a number on the following image:
Next there are two tabs: one for Visit and one for Notes. By default, the Visit tab will be selected where you will find additional information about the visit. The Notes tab is where you can add a note or view the note history for this visit. To add a note, tap Notes, then Add note. Learn more about Notes and Attachments in the Jobber App.
Scrolling down through the Visits tab, there is information on:
- Tap + to add instructions or Edit to update existing instructions for this visit.
- Line items:
- Tap + to add line items
- For any existing line items on this visit, tap the line item name to edit. Fields that can be edited include the line item name, description, unit price, and quantity. Line items can also be removed from this visit from the Edit line item screen. Any changes made will only update the line items for this visit only, not the job.
- Job forms
- If there are job forms added to this job, tap the Job form title to fill it out.
- From the job form, tap Save to save your entries or ... to save and send an email copy to your client all in one go. Before the email is sent, you'll have an opportunity to look the email over.
- Schedule details
- Tap Edit to change the schedule for this visit.
- From the Date field, you can set a day for this visit or set it as unscheduled to be scheduled late. To change this visit to unscheduled, tap the x beside the date to remove the scheduled date.
Note: An unscheduled visit is created for an unscheduled job.
- From the Time field, tap the visit time to set a start and end time. If there is a start and end time, but you'd like to change the visit to anytime, tap the x to remove the start and end time which will default this visit to anytime.
- Assigned Team
- Tap Edit to add or remove team members from this visit, then tap Save Assigned Team. The team members assigned will update only this visit, not the job.
- Tap > to view the client's page. The client's page shows an overview of the client's information, their work, and notes.
- Visit details
- Job #
- Tap > to view the job.
- The job status also appears in this section.
Requests can be created by:
- Tapping a blank space on the schedule from the week or day views
- The quick create menu
Learn more about Creating a Request in the Jobber App.
The fields that can be filled out on a request are:
- Any fields set up when your request form was customed
Note: Customizing a request form must be done from Jobber online.
- If you added an online booking option to your request form, those options are available in the app as well to indicate the client's booking preferences.
- On-site assessment: Toggle this to ON to add a date and time to visit the client's property, or choose to schedule the assessment later. A scheduled assessment will appear on your schedule in the app.
- Assessment instructions
When you are done filling out the request details, tap Save.
When you are finished with the assessment and you're ready to complete the request tap Mark Complete.
To move your request to the next step in your workflow, tap More Actions, then select Convert to Quote or Convert to Job. If the work won't be moving ahead, tap Archive.
Tasks can be created by:
- Tapping a blank space on the schedule, then selecting Add task from the menu.
- Tapping the quick create menu (+ icon), then selecting Task.
From the Create task screen, you'll be prompted to add:
- A title for the task
- Client (this is optional, tasks can be associated with clients or without)
- Assigned team members
Once all the information is entered, tap Create Task to save.
If you need to edit any of the details on the task, navigate back to the task from the schedule. For any of the details you wish to change, tap Edit.
Note: If the task was created without a client, a client cannot be added later. In this case, you would need to create a new task and add a client.
From the app, once a task has been finished tap Complete Task to mark it as complete.
To delete a task, tap ..., then select Delete task from the bottom menu. You'll be asked to confirm your deletion before the task is removed.
Learn more about Tasks in the Jobber App (Updated Jobber App).
Events cannot be created in the app, however events created from Jobber online are visible so that you can view the details of the event. The fields that show on an event are:
- Event title
- start date and end date
- start and end times
- How often this event repeats
- Events can be viewed by all team members
Note: Events cannot be completed.
Learn more about events.
Like what you see?
The functionality covered in this article goes over the updated version of the Jobber App. If you are interested in moving you and your team onto the updated app, start a chat and let our support team know!