In Jobber, clients are the building blocks for work. Requests, quotes, jobs, and invoices are all associated with clients. Clients are also where details like contact information and property details are recorded.
In the Jobber App, you can view client information, search your client list, and add new clients.
The updated app shown in this article will be rolling out to all users in October. If your apps are set to automatically update, you will get it once the updates are available to your account and your app has been updated to the latest version available at that time.
This article covers functionality that's available with the updated Jobber App. If you are not using the updated app yet, check out Client Information in the Jobber App.
If you are interested in moving you and your team onto the updated app, start a chat and let our support team know!
To navigate to a client's profile. Tap Clients from the bottom menu then search their name or select them from the list of clients with recently active work.
Every client profile starts with the client's name (or the company name).
Tap Create to create a new request, quote, job, or invoice. Items created from the client profile will already be assigned to this client.
There are three tabs on a client profile:
- Client: This includes details like the client name, client custom fields, property and billing addresses, and contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses).
- Work: This is a list of the work for this client, sorted by recent activity. Each item on this list shows what kind of work it is (request, quote, job, or invoice) as well as the status of that item.
- Notes: Internal notes and attachments on the client are accessed from this tab.
Within the Client tab, there are sections for:
- Client: Includes client name and client custom fields.
- Tap Edit to change their first name, last name, company name, or custom field entries.
- Property: These are the property details for this client. Each property is represented on a card including that property's address, tax rate, and property custom fields.
- Tap + to add a new property for this client.
- If a client has multiple properties, tap View All to view the details for each property.
- To edit property details, tap Edit in the top right of the property card.
- Billing address: This is the billing address for this client.
- Tap Edit to update their billing address.
- Contact details: The client's email addresses and phone numbers appear here. If the client has multiple phone numbers or email addresses, their primary phone number or email address is indicated by a star.
- Tap Edit to change their existing phone numbers or email addresses or add additional phone numbers or email addresses.
The Work tab displays an overview of the client's recently active work.
Each of these items shows what kind of work it is (request, quote, job, or invoice) as well as the corresponding item number and the status of that item, so you can tell at quick glance the progress of a certain project.
There is a small preview of the date that each item was created, the total price, and the address.
Tap each item to open it.
From the Notes tab, you view internal notes and attachments for this client. Tap Add Note to upload a note or attach a file.
Learn more about Notes and Attachments in the Jobber App (Updated Jobber App).
Add a new client
There are multiple places in the app to create a new client, such as through the quick create menu or any screen where you are adding a client to some work whether that's to a request, quote, job, or invoice.
To create a client from the quick create menu, click the + icon in the bottom right corner of the app. Then tap Client.
This will open the New client page. This page is what you would also see if you were creating a request, quote, job or invoice and had selected to add a new client rather than use an existing one.
If you have a client who is in your phone contacts that you'd like to add in Jobber, you can tap Add From Contacts.
Note: Adding a client from your contacts fills out the client's name, phone number, and email address. It does not bring over their address so you will still need to add their the property address manually.
To add information to this client, in each section you can tap to expand the fields to:
- Add a name
- First and last names or company name
- Add phone number
- Toggle Receives text messages to ON if this phone number is able to receive text messages (not a landline) and the client is ok with receiving texts. Clients created in the app will have text messages enabled by default. Enabling text messages, allows you to send "On My Way" Text Messages or text invoices and quotes from the app.
- The label indicates what kind of phone number this is. The options are main, work, personal, or other.
- To add additional phone numbers, tap Add another phone number.
- Add email
- Enter the client's email address.
- The label indicates what kind of email this is. The options are main, work, personal, or other.
- To add additional email addresses, tap Add another email.
- Add additional info
- this section is for client custom fields. Tap Add addition info to view and fill out client custom fields.
- Property address
- The property address field uses Google address suggestions to help you enter the address quickly and correctly. The Google address suggestions are based on your current location.
- Note: If you have not already given the Jobber App permission to use your location, when entering a property address you will be prompted to allow the app to use your location. Location sharing can also be enabled for the Jobber app through your phone's settings.
- Property addresses can also be entered manually rather than using the Google address suggestions. If you are working in a new construction area, you might prefer to enter the address if Google doesn't recognize that location yet.
- If the billing address is the same as the property address, toggle Billing address matches property to ON. Otherwise, toggling this off will prompt you to enter the billing address for this client.
- Tap Additional Property Info to view and enter the property's tax rate and property custom fields.
The Clients tab in the app shows clients that have recently had work done, which comes in handy for those times you know you've recently visited a client but can't quite remember their name or the details.
Beyond just clients, you can also view recently updated requests, quotes, jobs, and invoices. This client list shows to users who have the user permissions to "show clients on their Jobber menu".
The Clients tab is located in the bottom menu in the app beside the quick create icon.
To search your client list in the app, tap Clients from the bottom menu.
The clients tab shows the 100 most recent clients or work items that have been recently updated in Jobber, but other items can be pulled up using the search. On the Grow plan, if a client is a lead they will have a label next to their name indicating that they are a lead.
These are the items that can be searched:
- Client name
- Client phone number
- Custom field entry
- Line item
- Quote/job/invoice number
- Subject or description
- Request titles
- Client notes
- Transaction number
To narrow down the list even more, different work items can be tapped from the top of the list to show only that type of item. For example, tapping Quotes would remove requests, jobs, and invoices from the list and only show quotes. The list will show the most recent 100 items of that type, but items beyond the most 100 recent can be pulled up from the search. These tabs for work items only show to users who have permission to view these items.
Note: The search results vary based on what item you've selected to search. For example, property addresses can only be searched when clients are selected.
The status for each item will show in the list, so you'll know at a glance which items will need to be followed up with including scheduling an unscheduled job.