Table of Contents
Get paid up to 4x faster when you offer your clients an online payment option, and securely save cards on file for future payments with Jobber Payments. Rates as low as 2.5% + 30¢. Learn more.
If you are at your client's property and they are ready to pay their quote deposit or invoice; you can charge their card right in the field through Jobber Payments. To process their payment, you can:
- Collect payment by entering the card details manually
- Use the Jobber card reader to tap, swipe, or insert their card
- Record an offline method of payment like cash or check
Jobber Payments can process all major debit and credit cards.That means as long as the card has a Visa, Mastercard, Amex, or Discover logo on it you can accept the card. When paying through client hub, clients can also choose to pay with Apple Pay or Google Pay. With Jobber Payments you can process a minimum payment of $0.50 up to a maximum payment of $999,999.99 in a single transaction.
Jobber Payments is available in the UK, US, and Canada.
How to process a payment
To process a Jobber Payment from the App, navigate to the quote or invoice that you're accepting a payment for.
On quotes with a required deposit, tap Approve.
For invoices, tap Collect Payment.
On quotes, there is the step of approving the quote before the payment is made. After tapping Approve, you'll be prompted to collect a signature first as part of the quote approval process. This will bring up a signature screen where the client can draw to sign to approve the quote. Then tap Confirm. The collected signature will appear on the quote PDF and be saved as a note.
If you don't require a signature, tap Skip at the bottom of the screen.
Next, for quotes you'll see the Collect deposit screen. The deposit amount will already be entered with the amount of the required deposit. Select the payment method by tapping Select or to skip collecting a deposit, tap Approve and collect deposit later. This will put the quote into "Approved" status, however the deposit won't be paid.
There are several payment method options:
- Credit card (through Jobber Payments)
- If the client has any saved cards on file, select from those cards rather than entering the card details manually.
- To charge a new card, select Add new card to enter card details and charge the client's card through Jobber Payments. To save the card for future use, enable the toggle for Keep this card on file.
- Jobber card reader
- We also offer a Card Reader which allows your clients to pay via Apple or Google Pay as well as by credit card. With the card reader we are also able to offer at 0.2% discount on your credit card fees for transactions processed through the card reader.
- Offline payment methods including cash, check, bank transfer, money order, or other
- Note: The offline payment methods create a record that you've accepted payment outside of Jobber, you are not charging the client by selecting one of these methods.
After entering your payment method, to add any other information (such as the date, check number, etc) tap the Details field.
To charge the client's card, tap Collect Deposit (for quotes) or Collect Payment (for invoices).
The transaction will be processed and you will be given a confirmation message when the transaction is successful. If there are any errors and the transaction cannot be processed, you will see a message letting you know that it didn't go through.
Tap View receipt to view the receipt from this payment. From the receipt, tap Email receipt to send your client a copy of the receipt. Clients are also able to see their payment receipts in client hub, so if they need a record of this receipt in the future, they can download or print it from client hub.
Where can I see collected payments?
From the app, navigate to a quote or invoice.
For quotes, if the client has paid the required deposit, that will be reflected under the total and required deposit.
For invoices, in the Payments section you'll see payments entered towards that invoice's balance including both deposits and payments.
On both quotes and invoices, tapping the deposit or payment will open the details from that transaction. To send a receipt to your client, tap Resend Receipt.
Note: In Jobber online, from the Gear Icon > Settings > Jobber Payments, there is a setting for Email my client a receipt after every successful payment or refund. When this is turned on, your clients will automatically receive a receipt so you don't need to worry about manually sending them one. The button reads Resend Receipt when you've already sent a receipt to this client, with the receipt sent date listed down below.
With the online version of Jobber, you will see the payment linked to this invoice and recorded in the client’s billing history. If the client paid the full balance of the invoice it will now be marked as "Paid". If a new credit card was entered manually, it will now be securely stored under their billing history. Payments taken via the card reader will not appear as a stored payment method.